I’m not in the mainstream of my party on some immigration issues. To me, it’s almost entirely a security issue. Not an economic issue. There are more jobs here than there are Americans willing to take them. (Trust me. I’m in the construction industry–at even $9.00 an hour, much of the work is still done by people whose documents are probably very good forgeries.) --Bob Krumm
When did it become okay to do this? Did I miss the boat somewhere? Am I ignorant on the issue? It is not an economic issue? I'm willing to bet if your workers are undocumented that they also do not pay taxes. Since when is it okay for me to pay taxes to subsidize undocumented workers that you hire, Bob? Talk about business subsidies.
Another quote from Bob's campaign websites:
Taxes belong to the people who pay them and not to the government collecting them.
..am I missing something in all this, or is he?
- Five Knox Co. schools named as "Reward Schools" for performance and progress (2 replies)
- McIntyre: Burchett remarks "appalling" and "ignorant" (38 replies)
- Gaza: it's about natural gas (3 replies)
- Are Achievement School District schools achieving? (1 reply)
- Who's worse: Delusional sellers or Realtors who enable them? (26 replies)
- Gov Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power (17 replies)
- Laying the foundation (18 replies)
- Police state of America (33 replies)
- Conversations (4 replies)
- Corporate profits (1 reply)
- JD3 cleared to run for Congress (28 replies)
- ISIS (40 replies)
- Aug 23 2014 - 11:00am (1 day 18 hours from now)
- Aug 26 2014 - 6:00pm (5 days 1 hour from now)
- Aug 28 2014 - 6:00pm (1 week 1 hour from now)
- Sep 10 2014 - 7:00pm (2 weeks 6 days from now)