I’m not in the mainstream of my party on some immigration issues. To me, it’s almost entirely a security issue. Not an economic issue. There are more jobs here than there are Americans willing to take them. (Trust me. I’m in the construction industry–at even $9.00 an hour, much of the work is still done by people whose documents are probably very good forgeries.) --Bob Krumm
When did it become okay to do this? Did I miss the boat somewhere? Am I ignorant on the issue? It is not an economic issue? I'm willing to bet if your workers are undocumented that they also do not pay taxes. Since when is it okay for me to pay taxes to subsidize undocumented workers that you hire, Bob? Talk about business subsidies.
Another quote from Bob's campaign websites:
Taxes belong to the people who pay them and not to the government collecting them.
..am I missing something in all this, or is he?
- Jason Emert, Sleazy campaigner (4 replies)
- Jonathan Turley - "Get ready for an even bigger threat to Obamacare" (6 replies)
- Knox Co. should resolve Halls greenway project issues (9 replies)
- Adams fundraising update (1 reply)
- No Credit? No Problem (1 reply)
- Should Knox Co. Democrats cross over in the upcoming primaries? (41 replies)
- Gang of 4.0 on radio this morning (1 reply)
- Yes, Virginia, there are Democrats on the ballot (9 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (42 replies)
- Here's why you should vote "yes" for all judicial retentions (1 reply)
- Briggs (187 replies)
- KNS running more misleading ads (2 replies)
- Jul 24 2014 - 6:00pm (2 days 6 hours from now)
- Jul 26 2014 - 9:00am (3 days 21 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 10:00am (6 days 22 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 5:30pm (1 week 6 hours from now)