I’m not in the mainstream of my party on some immigration issues. To me, it’s almost entirely a security issue. Not an economic issue. There are more jobs here than there are Americans willing to take them. (Trust me. I’m in the construction industry–at even $9.00 an hour, much of the work is still done by people whose documents are probably very good forgeries.) --Bob Krumm
When did it become okay to do this? Did I miss the boat somewhere? Am I ignorant on the issue? It is not an economic issue? I'm willing to bet if your workers are undocumented that they also do not pay taxes. Since when is it okay for me to pay taxes to subsidize undocumented workers that you hire, Bob? Talk about business subsidies.
Another quote from Bob's campaign websites:
Taxes belong to the people who pay them and not to the government collecting them.
..am I missing something in all this, or is he?
- Funny letter to the editor (4 replies)
- school board meeting underway (69 replies)
- Sheriff's office stonewalling jail beating victim's lawyers? (9 replies)
- Celebrating with a Strawberry Cobbler (2 replies)
- Downtown teen curfew in Knoxville? (2 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (48 replies)
- Rail incident, evacuations ongoing in Blount Co. (13 replies)
- Haslam snubs Obama, again (11 replies)
- Blurring the Racial Lines (53 replies)
- Supreme Court rules against EPA on regulating mercury emissions (30 replies)
- New revelations in deadly school bus crash (96 replies)
- McIntyre's week in review (4 replies)