I’m not in the mainstream of my party on some immigration issues. To me, it’s almost entirely a security issue. Not an economic issue. There are more jobs here than there are Americans willing to take them. (Trust me. I’m in the construction industry–at even $9.00 an hour, much of the work is still done by people whose documents are probably very good forgeries.) --Bob Krumm
When did it become okay to do this? Did I miss the boat somewhere? Am I ignorant on the issue? It is not an economic issue? I'm willing to bet if your workers are undocumented that they also do not pay taxes. Since when is it okay for me to pay taxes to subsidize undocumented workers that you hire, Bob? Talk about business subsidies.
Another quote from Bob's campaign websites:
Taxes belong to the people who pay them and not to the government collecting them.
..am I missing something in all this, or is he?
- Paying attention v1 - defunding data collection (2 replies)
- Women's March on Washington includes local events (7 replies)
- So this is how it's gonna be (3 replies)
- Trump says he will help middle class working people... (1 reply)
- Knoxville Women's March (3 replies)
- Inauguration Day (14 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (80 replies)
- Selling public lands - Cherokee national forest? (5 replies)
- Will Trump last four years? (59 replies)
- Saw Works Brewing Co. may move to Standard Knitting Mill (6 replies)
- Jimmy Kimmel - on the street Obamacare vs ACA (3 replies)
- We are living... (3 replies)
- Jan 25 2017 - 12:00pm (2 days 16 hours from now)
- Jan 25 2017 - 5:00pm (2 days 21 hours from now)
- Feb 3 2017 - 10:00am (1 week 4 days from now)