I’m not in the mainstream of my party on some immigration issues. To me, it’s almost entirely a security issue. Not an economic issue. There are more jobs here than there are Americans willing to take them. (Trust me. I’m in the construction industry–at even $9.00 an hour, much of the work is still done by people whose documents are probably very good forgeries.) --Bob Krumm
When did it become okay to do this? Did I miss the boat somewhere? Am I ignorant on the issue? It is not an economic issue? I'm willing to bet if your workers are undocumented that they also do not pay taxes. Since when is it okay for me to pay taxes to subsidize undocumented workers that you hire, Bob? Talk about business subsidies.
Another quote from Bob's campaign websites:
Taxes belong to the people who pay them and not to the government collecting them.
..am I missing something in all this, or is he?
- Gene Patterson leaving WATE (15 replies)
- RIP Retired KSO Violinist and WUOT Program Director Norris Dyer (8 replies)
- Spend a day in a High School Student's shoes (4 replies)
- Throwback Thursday: October, 2009 (6 replies)
- Vote no on Amendment 1, skip vote for governor (or maybe not?) (75 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (86 replies)
- The Closing Days of 2014 Election (2 replies)
- Biting the hand for good cause (1 reply)
- PAC Money spent to fight Gloria Johnson (2 replies)
- Knoxville.com reviews Sassy Ann's (12 replies)
- ISIS (144 replies)
- The Best #Democracy Money Can Buy? (16 replies)
- Nov 2 2014 - 3:00pm (2 days 5 hours from now)
- Nov 4 2014 - 8:00pm (4 days 10 hours from now)