I’m not in the mainstream of my party on some immigration issues. To me, it’s almost entirely a security issue. Not an economic issue. There are more jobs here than there are Americans willing to take them. (Trust me. I’m in the construction industry–at even $9.00 an hour, much of the work is still done by people whose documents are probably very good forgeries.) --Bob Krumm
When did it become okay to do this? Did I miss the boat somewhere? Am I ignorant on the issue? It is not an economic issue? I'm willing to bet if your workers are undocumented that they also do not pay taxes. Since when is it okay for me to pay taxes to subsidize undocumented workers that you hire, Bob? Talk about business subsidies.
Another quote from Bob's campaign websites:
Taxes belong to the people who pay them and not to the government collecting them.
..am I missing something in all this, or is he?
- streetcar map (4 replies)
- Time running out for free Windows 10 upgrade (7 replies)
- TIDAL wave? (7 replies)
- RIP Pat Summitt (19 replies)
- Volunteer sunflower (1 reply)
- Supreme Court strikes down Texas abortion restrictions (7 replies)
- You can tell it's summer (41 replies)
- Alcoa Highway is growing (9 replies)
- Inside a Corrections Corporation of America for-profit prison (7 replies)
- Ralph Stanley RIP (4 replies)
- UK votes to leave EU, PM Cameron resigns (21 replies)
- The New American Death: Overdoses and Accidents (1 reply)