I’m not in the mainstream of my party on some immigration issues. To me, it’s almost entirely a security issue. Not an economic issue. There are more jobs here than there are Americans willing to take them. (Trust me. I’m in the construction industry–at even $9.00 an hour, much of the work is still done by people whose documents are probably very good forgeries.) --Bob Krumm
When did it become okay to do this? Did I miss the boat somewhere? Am I ignorant on the issue? It is not an economic issue? I'm willing to bet if your workers are undocumented that they also do not pay taxes. Since when is it okay for me to pay taxes to subsidize undocumented workers that you hire, Bob? Talk about business subsidies.
Another quote from Bob's campaign websites:
Taxes belong to the people who pay them and not to the government collecting them.
..am I missing something in all this, or is he?
- Knoxville could test self-driving cars (1 reply)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (70 replies)
- Water enforcement dropped in business-friendly Haslam administration (5 replies)
- Hate is learned at home... (1 reply)
- Clinton campaign faltering (7 replies)
- Investigative Report on Rick Staples Part II (2 replies)
- Ammo plant deal falling apart? (8 replies)
- WBIR Inside Tennessee - Democratic candidate Gloria Johnson (3 replies)
- Bald Eagle on French Broad (5 replies)
- South High redux as Assisted Living Center (1 reply)
- Bill seeking to stop scalpers from grabbing online tickets has cleared the House (2 replies)
- Businessman wants to add waterfall to South Knoxville waterfront (23 replies)