I’m not in the mainstream of my party on some immigration issues. To me, it’s almost entirely a security issue. Not an economic issue. There are more jobs here than there are Americans willing to take them. (Trust me. I’m in the construction industry–at even $9.00 an hour, much of the work is still done by people whose documents are probably very good forgeries.) --Bob Krumm
When did it become okay to do this? Did I miss the boat somewhere? Am I ignorant on the issue? It is not an economic issue? I'm willing to bet if your workers are undocumented that they also do not pay taxes. Since when is it okay for me to pay taxes to subsidize undocumented workers that you hire, Bob? Talk about business subsidies.
Another quote from Bob's campaign websites:
Taxes belong to the people who pay them and not to the government collecting them.
..am I missing something in all this, or is he?
- Robert Reich to speak in Knoxville (5 replies)
- South Waterfront update: A lot happening (12 replies)
- A future for I-40? (18 replies)
- Planets align on Siler v. Briggs debate (2 replies)
- Obamacare's not perfect (duh!) (1 reply)
- Watch this and get inspired (2 replies)
- Bar Marley (5 replies)
- The Artful Dodger: Dr. Briggs "radio silence" on Cheri Siler's invitation to debate (39 replies)
- BREAKING: Herron will not seek second term as TNDP chair (11 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (53 replies)
- A Trip in the Country (3 replies)
- Asperger Support Group Tonight 6pm-7pm with Special Guests (14 replies)
- Sep 23 2014 - 6:15pm (15 hours 54 min from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 7:00pm (16 hours 39 min from now)
- Sep 25 2014 - 6:00pm (2 days 15 hours from now)
- Oct 5 2014 - 2:00pm (1 week 5 days from now)