Press release: Haslam Announces Resignation of DCS Commissioner:
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam today announced that Department of Children’s Services (DCS) Commissioner Kate O’Day has resigned from her post.
"Kate has informed me that she felt the time was right to step down," Haslam said. "She was concerned that she had become more of a focus than the children the department serves. I appreciate Kate’s service to this administration and to our state. She has done a lot of good work in identifying longstanding problems that have hampered the department, and we will build on those efforts as we move forward."
The governor has named Commissioner Jim Henry, who currently heads up the Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, to serve as interim commissioner of DCS, and will immediately begin a search for a new DCS commissioner.
- No Credit? No Problem (14 replies)
- Further to the Comcast discussion...who's your competition? (4 replies)
- Jason Emert, Sleazy campaigner (9 replies)
- Knox Co. should resolve Halls greenway project issues (23 replies)
- Knoxville News Sentinel website makeover (4 replies)
- Briggs (190 replies)
- Adams fundraising update (2 replies)
- R.I.P. James Garner (6 replies)
- Jonathan Turley - "Get ready for an even bigger threat to Obamacare" (11 replies)
- Gang of 4.0 on radio this morning (3 replies)
- Should Knox Co. Democrats cross over in the upcoming primaries? (42 replies)
- Yes, Virginia, there are Democrats on the ballot (9 replies)
- Jul 24 2014 - 6:00pm (1 day 6 hours from now)
- Jul 26 2014 - 9:00am (2 days 21 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 10:00am (5 days 22 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 5:30pm (6 days 5 hours from now)