In the years since the death of young Henry Granju, the Knoxville News-Sentinel has learned the value of protecting families from the vultures that roost in the crags of their comment section eager to strip the bones of the subjects mentioned in news articles. As a result more care is taken with the decision to disable comments when there is a reasonable assumption that they will get out of hand.
This is an all together laudable act. It is, however, regrettable that the decision made in Henry's case cannot be undone, we cannot un-ring a bell.
But today the KNS did protect a family's sensitivities in reporting an unfortunate incident involving another young person. The family of Isaak Christopher McElroy will not and should not have to deal with the blight that is KNS commenters.
- Musicians who don't like Trump and don't appreciate him using their music (7 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (367 replies)
- MPC public meeting on Bearden Mixed Use District zoning proposal (3 replies)
- DNC Convention thread - Thursday edition (10 replies)
- DNC Convention thread - Tuesday edition (39 replies)
- DNC Convention thread - Wednesday edition (14 replies)
- Trump calls on Russia to conduct espionage aganst the United States (8 replies)
- Cumberland Avenue is a mess (15 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (50 replies)
- It's official... (5 replies)
- DNC Convention thread - Monday edition (25 replies)
- After 87 years, Pease Furniture closing (2 replies)