In the years since the death of young Henry Granju, the Knoxville News-Sentinel has learned the value of protecting families from the vultures that roost in the crags of their comment section eager to strip the bones of the subjects mentioned in news articles. As a result more care is taken with the decision to disable comments when there is a reasonable assumption that they will get out of hand.
This is an all together laudable act. It is, however, regrettable that the decision made in Henry's case cannot be undone, we cannot un-ring a bell.
But today the KNS did protect a family's sensitivities in reporting an unfortunate incident involving another young person. The family of Isaak Christopher McElroy will not and should not have to deal with the blight that is KNS commenters.
- Six Knox Co. high schools "failing" according to state tests (38 replies)
- We are TARGEEEEET!!! (1 reply)
- Gunman attacks Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood clinic (5 replies)
- Mayor Rogero lowers the boom on former mayor and Shopper columnist Victor Ashe (64 replies)
- Right-wing contortions (3 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (343 replies)
- Happy Thanksgiving! (2 replies)
- KCSO Proposed Safety Center (4 replies)
- McIntyre's self-evaluation (13 replies)
- Lady Justice is Missing (21 replies)
- Who Turned My Blue State Red? (10 replies)
- From Our "McElroy is Blithering" Dept... (7 replies)