In the years since the death of young Henry Granju, the Knoxville News-Sentinel has learned the value of protecting families from the vultures that roost in the crags of their comment section eager to strip the bones of the subjects mentioned in news articles. As a result more care is taken with the decision to disable comments when there is a reasonable assumption that they will get out of hand.
This is an all together laudable act. It is, however, regrettable that the decision made in Henry's case cannot be undone, we cannot un-ring a bell.
But today the KNS did protect a family's sensitivities in reporting an unfortunate incident involving another young person. The family of Isaak Christopher McElroy will not and should not have to deal with the blight that is KNS commenters.
- Trump calls for business tax cuts to stimulate economy (28 replies)
- Ruby Tuesday selling Maryville headquarters (5 replies)
- Clinton, Trump 2016 Presidential Debate - 9/26/2016, 9 PM (8 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (61 replies)
- UT vs UF - it's on (12 replies)
- Clinton supporter fear? (16 replies)
- Glenn Reynolds' twitter account suspended (19 replies)
- Frank Cagle confused about houseboats (10 replies)
- I called the Wells Fargo ethics line and was fired (2 replies)
- BURCHETT LOADING MPC WITH DEVELOPERS (2 replies)
- Technology breakthrough! (1 reply)
- Broadway near Henley closure planned for 2 1/2 years (4 replies)
- Sep 28 2016 - 12:00pm (2 days 12 hours from now)
- Sep 29 2016 - 5:00pm (3 days 17 hours from now)
- Sep 29 2016 - 6:00pm (3 days 18 hours from now)
- Oct 6 2016 - 6:00pm (1 week 3 days from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (2 weeks 1 day from now)