Original post continues...
As promised in comments below, Rachel has forwarded a copy of a crude, unsigned letter being circulated by "A Concerned Knoxville Republican" supporting Padgett.
It's too offensive to post here (and probably libelous), so I will try to summarize.
It says "This election is between a young man with our values and a left wing community organizer like her hero Barack Hussein Obama," that Rogero is an atheist, and that "Her base of support is a bunch of drug addicts and hippies."
That's the nice part.
It goes on to names names of people who have allegedly been promised jobs by Rogero and refers to them in a most derogatory manner. It refers to another of her supporters using an offensive slur regarding their supposed sexual orientation.
Ironically, it goes on to say that Padgett has promised jobs, too, but "You can count on him to give some of these good jobs to people who know us and will help us."
It names the prominent Republicans who support Padgett, and says that he "has the support of the Haslam family and the Duncan family."
The funniest part says "nationally known 'blogger' Brian Hornback has stepped up for Padgett."
It concludes by saying "Mark is keeping up with who helps him and who hurts him. You better jump on the bandwagon now. November 9th will be too late to claim you helped. It is now or never."
So anyway, I can't imagine there's any way the Padgett campaign was involved in this or even knew about it. The best thing they could do would be to disavow it and distance themselves. So should every other Republican named in the letter, unless this is the kind of stuff they stand for.
- One last questionnaire for school board candidates (which I didn't answer) (4 replies)
- National Park Week: "For the benefit and enjoyment of the people" (1 reply)
- Tips for local live musicians (8 replies)
- First woman to fly around the world solo forgotten. (2 replies)
- KUB having trouble with broken water mains (7 replies)
- Oh National Democrats wherefore art thou? (10 replies)
- Remembering Black Wednesday (17 replies)
- Campaign Party and Kickoff for Cameron Brooks! (5 replies)
- The Internets and Questionable Journalism (21 replies)
- Gates-funded inBloom student data repository shutting down (3 replies)
- KnoxViews exclusive: U.S. Senate candidate Gordon Ball on the issues (20 replies)
- Passover breakfast at McDonald's (2 replies)