Original post continues...
As promised in comments below, Rachel has forwarded a copy of a crude, unsigned letter being circulated by "A Concerned Knoxville Republican" supporting Padgett.
It's too offensive to post here (and probably libelous), so I will try to summarize.
It says "This election is between a young man with our values and a left wing community organizer like her hero Barack Hussein Obama," that Rogero is an atheist, and that "Her base of support is a bunch of drug addicts and hippies."
That's the nice part.
It goes on to names names of people who have allegedly been promised jobs by Rogero and refers to them in a most derogatory manner. It refers to another of her supporters using an offensive slur regarding their supposed sexual orientation.
Ironically, it goes on to say that Padgett has promised jobs, too, but "You can count on him to give some of these good jobs to people who know us and will help us."
It names the prominent Republicans who support Padgett, and says that he "has the support of the Haslam family and the Duncan family."
The funniest part says "nationally known 'blogger' Brian Hornback has stepped up for Padgett."
It concludes by saying "Mark is keeping up with who helps him and who hurts him. You better jump on the bandwagon now. November 9th will be too late to claim you helped. It is now or never."
So anyway, I can't imagine there's any way the Padgett campaign was involved in this or even knew about it. The best thing they could do would be to disavow it and distance themselves. So should every other Republican named in the letter, unless this is the kind of stuff they stand for.
- Why doesn't Rep. Eddie Smith want to test school drinking water for lead? (6 replies)
- Trump budget (13 replies)
- Study: Tennessee among the most federally dependent states (1 reply)
- Pour one out for Ruby Tuesday (5 replies)
- SoKno Taco Grand Opening Friday, March 31 (2 replies)
- FBI investigates 'odd' computer link between Russian bank and Trump Organization (3 replies)
- Safety center advancing (1 reply)
- Why does Trump hate Obama? (6 replies)
- Chuck Berry, rock 'n' roll pioneer, dead at 90 (1 reply)
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (51 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (112 replies)
- Rep. Diane Black fishing around for info on Medicaid block grants (3 replies)
- Mar 24 2017 - 9:00am (1 day 8 hours from now)
- Mar 28 2017 - 6:30pm (5 days 17 hours from now)
- Mar 29 2017 - 12:00pm (6 days 11 hours from now)
- Apr 27 2017 - 6:00pm (5 weeks 17 hours from now)