A COMPLEX OF THUNDERSTORMS... DEVELOPING OVER THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER VALLEY THIS EVENING... IS EXPECTED TO MOVE EAST ACROSS THE TENNESSEE RIVER VALLEY LATER TONIGHT. A FEW STORMS WITH THIS COMPLEX MAY BECOME SEVERE LATER TONIGHT... BRINGING THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGING WINDS AND LARGE HAIL.
.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN... SATURDAY THROUGH THURSDAY
A STRONG LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM AND ITS ASSOCIATED COLD FRONT WILL MOVE TOWARDS INTO THE TENNESSEE RIVER VALLEY ON SATURDAY... TRIGGERING NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS DURING THE AFTERNOON AND EVENING HOURS. AN OUTBREAK OF SEVERE WEATHER... INCLUDING THE POSSIBILITY OF NUMEROUS SUPERCELL STORMS... IS EXPECTED TO AFFECT THE SOUTHERN APPALACHIAN REGION BY SATURDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING.
EXTREMELY LARGE HAIL (AROUND THE SIZE OF A GOLF BALL OR LARGER)... DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH...AND ISOLATED TORNADOES (SOME POSSIBLY STRONG AND LONG-LIVED) WILL ALL BE POSSIBLE BY SATURDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING. IN ADDITION... LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL MAY CREATE FLOODING OF SOME AREAS.
SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS WILL STILL BE POSSIBLE ON SUNDAY... WITH SOME STORMS POSSIBLY BECOMING STRONG TO SEVERE WITH LARGE HAIL.
- Lost Mailbox Leads to Time Warp (8 replies)
- Sanity prevails, at least temporarily, in Blount Co. (3 replies)
- Co. Commission to ask God not to destroy Blount Co. because of the gays (5 replies)
- Arne Duncan to step down in December (4 replies)
- Why America won't do anything about gun violence (37 replies)
- KKK in Nashville (6 replies)
- Tennessee does not have a monopoly on crazy politicians (1 reply)
- Employment increased by 142,000 in September (1 reply)
- Yet another privatization fail: Probation (6 replies)
- Troubled Tennessee prisons (5 replies)
- A New Low (9 replies)
- Bitter Victor Ashe (19 replies)