A COMPLEX OF THUNDERSTORMS... DEVELOPING OVER THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER VALLEY THIS EVENING... IS EXPECTED TO MOVE EAST ACROSS THE TENNESSEE RIVER VALLEY LATER TONIGHT. A FEW STORMS WITH THIS COMPLEX MAY BECOME SEVERE LATER TONIGHT... BRINGING THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGING WINDS AND LARGE HAIL.
.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN... SATURDAY THROUGH THURSDAY
A STRONG LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM AND ITS ASSOCIATED COLD FRONT WILL MOVE TOWARDS INTO THE TENNESSEE RIVER VALLEY ON SATURDAY... TRIGGERING NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS DURING THE AFTERNOON AND EVENING HOURS. AN OUTBREAK OF SEVERE WEATHER... INCLUDING THE POSSIBILITY OF NUMEROUS SUPERCELL STORMS... IS EXPECTED TO AFFECT THE SOUTHERN APPALACHIAN REGION BY SATURDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING.
EXTREMELY LARGE HAIL (AROUND THE SIZE OF A GOLF BALL OR LARGER)... DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH...AND ISOLATED TORNADOES (SOME POSSIBLY STRONG AND LONG-LIVED) WILL ALL BE POSSIBLE BY SATURDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING. IN ADDITION... LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL MAY CREATE FLOODING OF SOME AREAS.
SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS WILL STILL BE POSSIBLE ON SUNDAY... WITH SOME STORMS POSSIBLY BECOMING STRONG TO SEVERE WITH LARGE HAIL.
- No Credit? No Problem (24 replies)
- ISIS (36 replies)
- Knox Co. should resolve Halls greenway project issues (30 replies)
- Sens. Bell and Kelsey ask AG to sue Obama (2 replies)
- George Flinn for Senate? (5 replies)
- State finally admits its for-profit virtual academy is a flop (5 replies)
- Knoxville News Sentinel website makeover (10 replies)
- Jonathan Turley - "Get ready for an even bigger threat to Obamacare" (13 replies)
- Knoxville firefighters endorse Cheri Siler for State Senate (3 replies)
- Tennessee, an inauspicious place to raise children (1 reply)
- State of Tennessee facing Medicaid enrollment lawsuit (4 replies)
- Report: School board member/candidate Gloria Deathridge health issues (1 reply)
- Jul 24 2014 - 6:00pm (9 hours 41 min from now)
- Jul 26 2014 - 9:00am (2 days 41 min from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 10:00am (5 days 1 hour from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 5:30pm (5 days 9 hours from now)