A COMPLEX OF THUNDERSTORMS... DEVELOPING OVER THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER VALLEY THIS EVENING... IS EXPECTED TO MOVE EAST ACROSS THE TENNESSEE RIVER VALLEY LATER TONIGHT. A FEW STORMS WITH THIS COMPLEX MAY BECOME SEVERE LATER TONIGHT... BRINGING THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGING WINDS AND LARGE HAIL.
.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN... SATURDAY THROUGH THURSDAY
A STRONG LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM AND ITS ASSOCIATED COLD FRONT WILL MOVE TOWARDS INTO THE TENNESSEE RIVER VALLEY ON SATURDAY... TRIGGERING NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS DURING THE AFTERNOON AND EVENING HOURS. AN OUTBREAK OF SEVERE WEATHER... INCLUDING THE POSSIBILITY OF NUMEROUS SUPERCELL STORMS... IS EXPECTED TO AFFECT THE SOUTHERN APPALACHIAN REGION BY SATURDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING.
EXTREMELY LARGE HAIL (AROUND THE SIZE OF A GOLF BALL OR LARGER)... DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH...AND ISOLATED TORNADOES (SOME POSSIBLY STRONG AND LONG-LIVED) WILL ALL BE POSSIBLE BY SATURDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING. IN ADDITION... LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL MAY CREATE FLOODING OF SOME AREAS.
SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS WILL STILL BE POSSIBLE ON SUNDAY... WITH SOME STORMS POSSIBLY BECOMING STRONG TO SEVERE WITH LARGE HAIL.
- school board meeting underway (82 replies)
- Funny letter to the editor (5 replies)
- Sheriff's office stonewalling jail beating victim's lawyers? (9 replies)
- Celebrating with a Strawberry Cobbler (2 replies)
- Downtown teen curfew in Knoxville? (2 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (48 replies)
- Rail incident, evacuations ongoing in Blount Co. (13 replies)
- Haslam snubs Obama, again (11 replies)
- Blurring the Racial Lines (53 replies)
- Supreme Court rules against EPA on regulating mercury emissions (30 replies)
- New revelations in deadly school bus crash (96 replies)
- McIntyre's week in review (4 replies)