A COMPLEX OF THUNDERSTORMS... DEVELOPING OVER THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER VALLEY THIS EVENING... IS EXPECTED TO MOVE EAST ACROSS THE TENNESSEE RIVER VALLEY LATER TONIGHT. A FEW STORMS WITH THIS COMPLEX MAY BECOME SEVERE LATER TONIGHT... BRINGING THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGING WINDS AND LARGE HAIL.
.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN... SATURDAY THROUGH THURSDAY
A STRONG LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM AND ITS ASSOCIATED COLD FRONT WILL MOVE TOWARDS INTO THE TENNESSEE RIVER VALLEY ON SATURDAY... TRIGGERING NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS DURING THE AFTERNOON AND EVENING HOURS. AN OUTBREAK OF SEVERE WEATHER... INCLUDING THE POSSIBILITY OF NUMEROUS SUPERCELL STORMS... IS EXPECTED TO AFFECT THE SOUTHERN APPALACHIAN REGION BY SATURDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING.
EXTREMELY LARGE HAIL (AROUND THE SIZE OF A GOLF BALL OR LARGER)... DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH...AND ISOLATED TORNADOES (SOME POSSIBLY STRONG AND LONG-LIVED) WILL ALL BE POSSIBLE BY SATURDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING. IN ADDITION... LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL MAY CREATE FLOODING OF SOME AREAS.
SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS WILL STILL BE POSSIBLE ON SUNDAY... WITH SOME STORMS POSSIBLY BECOMING STRONG TO SEVERE WITH LARGE HAIL.
- Jimmy Duncan has lost it and is no longer fit to serve (1 reply)
- It's A Tax, Stupid (and on stupid too) (12 replies)
- Self-driving trolley comes to Knoxville (3 replies)
- Arts without the NEA (3 replies)
- AP interview of Trump (4 replies)
- Tonight: Tom Perez/Bernie Sanders - Louisville, KY (36 replies)
- Knoxville SOUP (1 reply)
- Samantha Bee ... (1 reply)
- Trump's Cabinet (115 replies)
- Forget Mar-a-Lago. This is how you roll... (3 replies)
- "Narrow miss" the new low bar for Democrats (5 replies)
- Opening lyrics (9 replies)
- Apr 26 2017 - 12:00pm (5 hours 46 min from now)
- Apr 26 2017 - 6:30pm (12 hours 16 min from now)
- Apr 27 2017 - 6:00pm (1 day 11 hours from now)