Knoxville City Council will vote tomorrow night on an amendment to the Veteran's Cemetery land swap deal that would provide for development of permanent supportive housing for the homeless at the Lakeshore property.
Amendment 16 from the resolution:
The City agrees to use the park area for public recreational purposes as a public park and may use up to five acres of the Property for other public purposes, including permanent supportive housing, provided, the five (5) acres may not be used for purposes which generate significant noise or sound and the City agrees to provide reasonable security for said use.
Readers may recall that Council members Joe Bailey and Marilyn Roddy both supported a South Knoxville homeless housing development at Flenniken School last year, and said they would welcome such a development in Sequoyah Hills where they live. Looks like they could get their wish.
- Trump calls for business tax cuts to stimulate economy (28 replies)
- Ruby Tuesday selling Maryville headquarters (5 replies)
- Clinton, Trump 2016 Presidential Debate - 9/26/2016, 9 PM (8 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (61 replies)
- UT vs UF - it's on (12 replies)
- Clinton supporter fear? (16 replies)
- Glenn Reynolds' twitter account suspended (19 replies)
- Frank Cagle confused about houseboats (10 replies)
- I called the Wells Fargo ethics line and was fired (2 replies)
- BURCHETT LOADING MPC WITH DEVELOPERS (2 replies)
- Technology breakthrough! (1 reply)
- Broadway near Henley closure planned for 2 1/2 years (4 replies)
- Sep 28 2016 - 12:00pm (2 days 7 hours from now)
- Sep 29 2016 - 5:00pm (3 days 12 hours from now)
- Sep 29 2016 - 6:00pm (3 days 13 hours from now)
- Oct 6 2016 - 6:00pm (1 week 3 days from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (2 weeks 1 day from now)