I'm forwarding this from Grant Rosenberg in Knox County's Office of Neighborhoods and Community Development.
As has been discussed here and elsewhere, the Ten-Year Plan is committed to a scattered-site approach to developing permanent supportive housing options as part of our strategy to end homelessness in our community.
Southeastern Housing Foundation, a local nonprofit affordable housing developer, has a contract on a piece of property deep in west Knox County that is appropriately zoned for multifamily housing.
The proposed development is for 23 units of permanent supportive housing. The units will be small apartments configured for independent living. Residents will sign leases and pay rent, and will be able to keep their apartments for as long as they want to and can abide by the terms of their leases. They will also receive supportive services to help them remain successfully housed and to rebuild their lives in the community.
The meeting described below will be the second public meeting to address this proposed development. The first occurred last night at the regular meeting of the Council of West Knox Homeowners.
PUBLIC INFORMATION MEETING TO DISCUSS PERMANENT SUPPORTIVE HOUSING AT 125 DEBUSK LN.
Mayors’ Office of the 10 Year Plan to End Chronic Homelessness
Southeastern Housing Foundation
Knox County Office of Neighborhoods & Community Development
Public information meeting to discuss the proposed development of permanent supportive housing for chronically homeless individuals at 125 DeBusk Ln.
Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 7:00PM
Frank R. Strang Senior Center
109 Lovell Heights Road
Knoxville, TN 37922
Knox County, the Mayor’s 10 Year Plan to End Chronic Homelessness and Southeastern Housing Foundation will host an informational meeting regarding a proposed development of permanent supportive housing for chronically homeless individuals at 125 DeBusk Ln. Funding for the acquisition of the site is on the November 16, 2009 County Commission agenda. Representatives will be on hand to answer questions about the 10 Year Plan, Permanent Supportive Housing, and the funding and development of the site. Several County Commissioners may be in attendance.
For more information contact: Grant Rosenberg Office 215-4751/Cell 755-3065
- Geek stuff: Droid Turbo (9 replies)
- Blurring the Racial Lines (41 replies)
- The banality of evil (12 replies)
- NYT Calls for prosecution of Cheney et al for torture in today's editorial (1 reply)
- DG tissues: what you see (3 replies)
- KnoxViews 2014 year in review (4 replies)
- What are best places to get soup in Knoxville? (19 replies)
- Autism Risk Linked to Particulate Air Pollution (6 replies)
- NLRB issues complaints since McDonald's qualifies as joint employer (2 replies)
- City to rebid Cumberland Ave. project (52 replies)
- Happy birthday to the Mr. (42 replies)
- Circle Modern Dance Primitive Light (2 replies)