My father and a business associate will be passing through Knoxville this evening and staying downtown (let's assume the Holiday Inn). He asked for a recommendation on a steak house or other nice place to eat.
Considering I have sworn off eating out until my two year old decides that restaurants don't mean race track (I'm thinking 7) and when I forget and take us out anyway it means Chick Filet, IHOP, or McDonald's, I don't feel qualified to make a recommendation on downtown.
I assume The Butcher Shop and Chesapeake's are still going strong. Are there any treasures out there for consideration? If there was one restaurant and one sight to see downtown for an out-of-towner, what would they be?
- ACA repeal vote canceled, effort falling apart (11 replies)
- Why doesn't Rep. Eddie Smith want to test school drinking water for lead? (13 replies)
- Thousands of Would-Be Democratic Candidates Flood States in Trump Backlash (2 replies)
- FBI investigates 'odd' computer link between Russian bank and Trump Organization (4 replies)
- North Dakota bill, would legalize accidentally running over protesters in the road (3 replies)
- The "Daily Show" was at Trump Nashville rally (2 replies)
- Trump budget (14 replies)
- Study: Tennessee among the most federally dependent states (1 reply)
- Pour one out for Ruby Tuesday (5 replies)
- SoKno Taco Grand Opening Friday, March 31 (2 replies)
- Safety center advancing (1 reply)
- Why does Trump hate Obama? (6 replies)