Scott McNutt, a paid part-time blogger for the News Sentinel, put his "Snark Bites" blog on hiatus last Friday after Knox County mayoral spokeswoman Susanne Dupes complained to McNutt's supervisor at his full-time job that he was posting his political satire on company time.
That's some real Mayberry bullshit right there.
And certain people in transparent glass houses of their own making ought not to be hurling virtual bricks.
Or maybe she was on vacation or personal leave time. Or only blogs and twitters during "breaks." She should get the benefit of the doubt with a presumption of good intentions and so forth. Otherwise, people would be calling her boss to correlate and cross-reference her personnel and time sheet records with her blogging and facebook and twitter time.
See how ridiculous that is?
- Drum solos that don't suck (3 replies)
- Another Trump promise not in the works? (1 reply)
- Gannett swings the axe again... (23 replies)
- Chattanooga NPR reporter fired after legislator complaints (1 reply)
- Campus facilities management outsourcing announced (5 replies)
- Safety center advancing (2 replies)
- A robot that burns Donald Trump's tweets (1 reply)
- Trump budget (15 replies)
- Tesla on autopilot hits police motorcycle (1 reply)
- Former FCC chairman: Things are 'going the way I feared' (2 replies)
- Why doesn't Rep. Eddie Smith want to test school drinking water for lead? (18 replies)
- As more Americans fail drug tests, employers turn to refugees (1 reply)