John McCain is being widely hailed as a political genius for picking Sarah Palin as his running mate because her conservative values have electrified the Republican conservative base.
But it appears he may have miscalculated.
Sarah Palin is no conservative.
SARAH PALIN IS A FLAMING LIBERAL!
• Taxes and Big Government: Sarah Palin fought hard for $400 million in federal funding for a so-called "bridge to nowhere" to allegedly improve the lives and fortunes of 50 or so inhabitants of an Alaska island. Taxing many to provide for a few -- that’s what tax-and-spend liberals are all about.
• Sex Education: Sarah Palin's VP campaign spokesperson said that Palin "supports sex education in terms of teaching of contraceptives and everything" and that she doesn't support "abstinence-only" education. This is in direct conflict with the conservative values of most Republicans, who took her previous statement that "explicit sex-ed programs will not find my support" out of context. Clearly she only meant that she does not want X-rated pornography in the classroom. That, at least, should provide conservatives (AND liberals) some consolation.
• Environment: In a move to protect Alaska's elk and moose herds from dangerous predators and to help maintain a steady food supply for Alaska's needy hunters, Sarah Palin encouraged citizens to fly around in airplanes shooting and killing wolves, and even offered bounties for their left-front forelegs. That's the kind of "it takes a village" community organizing liberals are known for, and yet another example of left-wing environmentalists interfering with nature.
• Subsidized Housing: Like any true liberal, Sarah Palin believes in subsidized housing for people too lazy to work and pay their own bills. For example, the State of Alaska paid Gov. Palin nearly $17,000 for staying in her own home 312 nights during her first nineteen months in office.
• Free Public Transportation: Sara Palin believes that the working poor should also have free public transportation to go to the welfare office to pick up their checks. That's why the State of Alaska paid her nearly $45,000 in transportation costs to shuttle her husband and kids around the state.
• Creeping Socialism: Every year, Alaska takes money from hard working oil companies and gives it away to freeloading citizens. Sarah Palin recently increased the amount of this massive redistribution of wealth to $3200 per resident, meaning a family of seven like hers gets $22,400 per year just to sit around and drink beer instead of working. All is not lost, though. Oil companies at least get to deduct these stolen profits from their federal income taxes as a cost of doing business in Sarah Palin's Marxist Liberal Utopia.
Clearly John McCain has missed the mark with his VP pick. Barack Obama should think about bringing Sarah Palin on board to help promote his socialist agenda.
- Why doesn't Rep. Eddie Smith want to test school drinking water for lead? (6 replies)
- Trump budget (13 replies)
- Study: Tennessee among the most federally dependent states (1 reply)
- Pour one out for Ruby Tuesday (5 replies)
- SoKno Taco Grand Opening Friday, March 31 (2 replies)
- FBI investigates 'odd' computer link between Russian bank and Trump Organization (3 replies)
- Safety center advancing (1 reply)
- Why does Trump hate Obama? (6 replies)
- Chuck Berry, rock 'n' roll pioneer, dead at 90 (1 reply)
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (51 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (112 replies)
- Rep. Diane Black fishing around for info on Medicaid block grants (3 replies)
- Mar 24 2017 - 9:00am (1 day 10 hours from now)
- Mar 28 2017 - 6:30pm (5 days 19 hours from now)
- Mar 29 2017 - 12:00pm (6 days 13 hours from now)
- Apr 27 2017 - 6:00pm (5 weeks 19 hours from now)