Ilissa Gold reports that the entire TNDP staff has been let go, and the entire state party organization is currently Gray Sasser, Executive Director Kim Sasser Hayden, and office manager Vionne Williams. Ilissa has some other interesting rumors.
Waiting for the other shoe to drop...
UPDATE: Kleinheider has more details about what's going on.
UPDATE: NewsComa has the latest installment of As the TNDP World Turns.
Personally, I don't think Wade Munday's email (which he asked be kept private) had anything to do with anything except as a response to the recent blog chatter. I also think there's more than meets the eye.
I also think it's ironic they are funneling info through Kleinheider, who ain't exactly the Democrat's friend. Instead of enlisting a sympathetic and willing bunch of bloggers to help them spin the party line, they let everyone speculate and rumor-gate and then feed opposition-friendlies the scoop.
Finally, I think everyone should just chill until a) there is some official communication from the TNDP, or b) someone with direct, first-hand knowledge wants to go on record. And when that happens, you can read all about it at Kleinheider's. Heh.
UPDATE: Liberadio(!) Interview with Gray Sasser. (Says TNDP should spread Nasvhille's organization model around the state to win future elections. Isn't that exactly what Tennessee Democrats have been doing? And how's that working out? We're too Nashville-centric, and Nashville politics don't play in East TN or even Lincoln's 4th Congressional District, much less the 2nd. And organizing isn't the problem. It's voter education. Talking about Starbucks meetups is tactical thinking. We need a strategic plan to grow some progressive Democrats. Good interview, though, worth a listen, especially the part about culture wars. Apparently Democrats have conceded, at least in terms of their campaign message. Oh, and he's backing up the bus and running over Kurita again.)
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (30 replies)
- Buoyed By Anti-Trump Activism, Democrat Wins Delaware Special Election (1 reply)
- Former Nashville Mayor Karl Dean to run for governor of Tennessee (1 reply)
- Duncan-Massey fundraiser raises eyebrows (33 replies)
- Traffic deaths expected to have hit troubling milestone (3 replies)
- JCPenney to close up to 140 stores (2 replies)
- Louisville Point Park Eagle? (6 replies)
- I'd vote for her (1 reply)
- a small but notable defeat for privatization (10 replies)
- Anger erupts at Republican town halls (8 replies)
- Epic troll (1 reply)
- White House blocks news organizations from press briefing (6 replies)
- Feb 27 2017 - 7:00pm (16 hours 14 min from now)
- Mar 4 2017 - 11:00am (5 days 8 hours from now)
- Mar 7 2017 - 7:00pm (1 week 1 day from now)
- Mar 14 2017 - 7:30pm (2 weeks 1 day from now)