Ilissa Gold reports that the entire TNDP staff has been let go, and the entire state party organization is currently Gray Sasser, Executive Director Kim Sasser Hayden, and office manager Vionne Williams. Ilissa has some other interesting rumors.
Waiting for the other shoe to drop...
UPDATE: Kleinheider has more details about what's going on.
UPDATE: NewsComa has the latest installment of As the TNDP World Turns.
Personally, I don't think Wade Munday's email (which he asked be kept private) had anything to do with anything except as a response to the recent blog chatter. I also think there's more than meets the eye.
I also think it's ironic they are funneling info through Kleinheider, who ain't exactly the Democrat's friend. Instead of enlisting a sympathetic and willing bunch of bloggers to help them spin the party line, they let everyone speculate and rumor-gate and then feed opposition-friendlies the scoop.
Finally, I think everyone should just chill until a) there is some official communication from the TNDP, or b) someone with direct, first-hand knowledge wants to go on record. And when that happens, you can read all about it at Kleinheider's. Heh.
UPDATE: Liberadio(!) Interview with Gray Sasser. (Says TNDP should spread Nasvhille's organization model around the state to win future elections. Isn't that exactly what Tennessee Democrats have been doing? And how's that working out? We're too Nashville-centric, and Nashville politics don't play in East TN or even Lincoln's 4th Congressional District, much less the 2nd. And organizing isn't the problem. It's voter education. Talking about Starbucks meetups is tactical thinking. We need a strategic plan to grow some progressive Democrats. Good interview, though, worth a listen, especially the part about culture wars. Apparently Democrats have conceded, at least in terms of their campaign message. Oh, and he's backing up the bus and running over Kurita again.)
- International Baccalaureate (13 replies)
- Inside the lonely "newsroom of the future" (1 reply)
- Tennessee needs $38 billion of infrastructure improvements (2 replies)
- Spend a day in a High School Student's shoes (2 replies)
- Noted local defense attorney killed in car crash (4 replies)
- What you need to know a bout Ebola (2 replies)
- Somewhat original thinking for an old problem - a "bottom-up approach to fiscal policy" (8 replies)
- What's at stake with Amendment One (13 replies)
- 'No' votes on Amendment 1 changed to 'Yes' (3 replies)
- BREAKING: Metro Pulse shutting down, staff fired, other layoffs at KNS (304 replies)
- Literary artists in the house! Homes given to writers for free in Detroit (3 replies)
- A Great Response to a False and Deceptive Ad (16 replies)
- Oct 28 2014 - 5:30pm (2 days 21 hours from now)
- Oct 28 2014 - 6:00pm (2 days 21 hours from now)
- Oct 30 2014 - 7:00pm (4 days 22 hours from now)