I'm tooling down the Pike today around 1:30 this afternoon, headed for Gourmet Market to get a new coffee maker (just one of those little single-cup drip thingies).
I'm driving west on the most beautiful stretch of road in town enjoying the gorgeous bright blue weather and watching the red and orange and yellow leaves sailing down and carpeting the sidewalks after last night's rain. Absolutely Knoxville at its most perfect.
And then I get to Laurel Church of Christ across from Cherokee Boulevard and a flash of white catches my eye.
As in white guys in white robes and white pointy hats.
One of them has an upside-down American flag.
It was so sudden and so shocking that I was past them before I could even flip them off.
I'm guessing I know what that was about.
- Sen. Alexander, you should be ashamed (19 replies)
- Infrastructure grades (5 replies)
- Welcome, Andi! (1 reply)
- Dark money comes to school board races. The source? Charter school advocates (1 reply)
- Trump calls for business tax cuts to stimulate economy (31 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (63 replies)
- Alcoa Hwy closed this morning UT Hospital northbound (4 replies)
- The millennial vote? (12 replies)
- Let's get ready to rumble! (22 replies)
- BCBS Pulling Out of TN Metros (19 replies)
- Toxic air pollution nanoparticles discovered in the human brain (1 reply)
- Butt probe (8 replies)
- Oct 6 2016 - 6:00pm (5 days 13 hours from now)
- Oct 7 2016 - 6:00pm (6 days 13 hours from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (1 week 3 days from now)
- Oct 16 2016 - 7:00pm (2 weeks 1 day from now)