I'm tooling down the Pike today around 1:30 this afternoon, headed for Gourmet Market to get a new coffee maker (just one of those little single-cup drip thingies).
I'm driving west on the most beautiful stretch of road in town enjoying the gorgeous bright blue weather and watching the red and orange and yellow leaves sailing down and carpeting the sidewalks after last night's rain. Absolutely Knoxville at its most perfect.
And then I get to Laurel Church of Christ across from Cherokee Boulevard and a flash of white catches my eye.
As in white guys in white robes and white pointy hats.
One of them has an upside-down American flag.
It was so sudden and so shocking that I was past them before I could even flip them off.
I'm guessing I know what that was about.
- Asperger Support Group Tonight 6pm-7pm with Special Guests (14 replies)
- A future for I-40? (4 replies)
- BREAKING: Herron will not seek second term as TNDP chair (6 replies)
- A Trip in the Country (1 reply)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (51 replies)
- New Traffic Radar Gun Will Detect When Drivers Are Texting (12 replies)
- Alexander agrees to debate Ball (2 replies)
- Gordon Ball earns an 'F' from NRA (3 replies)
- The Artful Dodger: Dr. Briggs "radio silence" on Cheri Siler's invitation to debate (38 replies)
- National POW/MIA Recognition Day (2 replies)
- For theater/re lovers (1 reply)
- Redefining Scrooge (8 replies)
- Sep 22 2014 - 4:15pm (1 day 2 hours from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 6:15pm (2 days 4 hours from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 7:00pm (2 days 4 hours from now)
- Sep 25 2014 - 6:00pm (4 days 3 hours from now)