Earlier, Commissioner Mark Harmon posted about the amendment to the Minvilla resolution which *might* have restricted add'l services within a 2 mile radius. Apparently, this was vetoed and will now be re-presented to County Commission without said amendment.
It is my hope that our city and county will reconsider this extraordinarily expensive project as it is now at the very upper end of Knoxville's luxury housing market. Other alternatives are more readily available which are much less expensive and ready to occupy. Why are we choosing to help fewer people and delay said help with this Minvilla project? Seemingly, the answer is to save the Minvilla building which has further deteriorated under VMC's watch; however, if the 10 Year Plan is successful in improving the Broadway/Fifth area and "Downtown North" continues its revitalization, maybe the private development could occur in just a few years.
In the meantime, VMC could stabilize and secure the structure or if they choose not to do so, Knoxville could enact its "demolition by neglect" ordinance to do the same.
I am asking our commissioners to do the right thing...for our City, for the immediate area and for those in need.
- See Gloria Johnson Slam Eddie Smith (14 replies)
- We loved Metro Pulse rally (8 replies)
- BREAKING: Halls Shopper joins the 21st Century, fans rejoice! (12 replies)
- Send Lawyers, Guns and Money (198 replies)
- Metro Pulse and Cas Walker (2 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (68 replies)
- BREAKING: Metro Pulse shutting down, staff fired, other layoffs at KNS (180 replies)
- The real takeaway from the 2nd D. school board forum (15 replies)
- Uh, what? (29 replies)
- USGS updates earthquake hazard for East Tennessee (2 replies)
- News Sentinel endorses Gloria Johnson, NO on Amendment 1 (37 replies)
- Meet Eddie Smith with Lamar Alexander! (37 replies)
- Oct 20 2014 - 11:00am (1 hour 49 min from now)
- Oct 20 2014 - 6:30pm (9 hours 19 min from now)
- Oct 23 2014 - 6:00pm (3 days 8 hours from now)
- Oct 28 2014 - 5:30pm (1 week 1 day from now)
- Oct 28 2014 - 6:00pm (1 week 1 day from now)
- Oct 30 2014 - 7:00pm (1 week 3 days from now)