Earlier, Commissioner Mark Harmon posted about the amendment to the Minvilla resolution which *might* have restricted add'l services within a 2 mile radius. Apparently, this was vetoed and will now be re-presented to County Commission without said amendment.
It is my hope that our city and county will reconsider this extraordinarily expensive project as it is now at the very upper end of Knoxville's luxury housing market. Other alternatives are more readily available which are much less expensive and ready to occupy. Why are we choosing to help fewer people and delay said help with this Minvilla project? Seemingly, the answer is to save the Minvilla building which has further deteriorated under VMC's watch; however, if the 10 Year Plan is successful in improving the Broadway/Fifth area and "Downtown North" continues its revitalization, maybe the private development could occur in just a few years.
In the meantime, VMC could stabilize and secure the structure or if they choose not to do so, Knoxville could enact its "demolition by neglect" ordinance to do the same.
I am asking our commissioners to do the right thing...for our City, for the immediate area and for those in need.
- Sen. Alexander, you should be ashamed (4 replies)
- Let's get ready to rumble! (20 replies)
- BCBS Pulling Out of TN Metros (15 replies)
- Toxic air pollution nanoparticles discovered in the human brain (1 reply)
- Butt probe (8 replies)
- UT vs UF - it's on (15 replies)
- The millennial vote? (8 replies)
- I called the Wells Fargo ethics line and was fired (3 replies)
- Trump Health Plan Would Raise Costs, Clinton's Would Insure More (1 reply)
- Trump calls for business tax cuts to stimulate economy (28 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (62 replies)
- Ruby Tuesday selling Maryville headquarters (5 replies)
- Sep 28 2016 - 12:00pm (12 hours 29 min from now)
- Sep 29 2016 - 5:00pm (1 day 17 hours from now)
- Sep 29 2016 - 6:00pm (1 day 18 hours from now)
- Oct 6 2016 - 6:00pm (1 week 1 day from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (1 week 6 days from now)