My sister-in-law, who happened to be listening to WIVK moments ago, just phoned to tell me there has been a shooting at Central High this morning. She *thought* she heard announcers say that a student has been killed.
She says Central has been dismissed and all Knox County high schools are on "lock-down."
Poor Dr. McIntyre--will he need to address *two* student deaths at school in the very first month of his tenure with us?
Tuning in now. Prayers for all involved.
- Knoxville bike trail in national finals for $100K grant (1 reply)
- Rikki's butterfly weed (5 replies)
- Christenberry House comes down (8 replies)
- Home cookin' (24 replies)
- Knox County Schools balanced calendar survey controversy (50 replies)
- Garden coming in (1 reply)
- State offering voluntary employee buyouts (3 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (39 replies)
- Tennessee offers rebates for electric cars and PHEVs (7 replies)
- Haslam's legacy (23 replies)
- Hello, Nashville? Anybody Home? (5 replies)
- Mark Harmon on American Exceptionalism (4 replies)