My sister-in-law, who happened to be listening to WIVK moments ago, just phoned to tell me there has been a shooting at Central High this morning. She *thought* she heard announcers say that a student has been killed.
She says Central has been dismissed and all Knox County high schools are on "lock-down."
Poor Dr. McIntyre--will he need to address *two* student deaths at school in the very first month of his tenure with us?
Tuning in now. Prayers for all involved.
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (342 replies)
- Mayor Rogero lowers the boom on former mayor and Shopper columnist Victor Ashe (63 replies)
- Six Knox Co. high schools "failing" according to state tests (37 replies)
- KCSO Proposed Safety Center (4 replies)
- Right-wing contortions (2 replies)
- McIntyre's self-evaluation (13 replies)
- Lady Justice is Missing (21 replies)
- Who Turned My Blue State Red? (10 replies)
- From Our "McElroy is Blithering" Dept... (7 replies)
- Epic oil glut sparks super tanker 'traffic jams' at sea (1 reply)
- Refugee roundup (12 replies)
- Knoxville and surrounding communities livability (15 replies)