My sister-in-law, who happened to be listening to WIVK moments ago, just phoned to tell me there has been a shooting at Central High this morning. She *thought* she heard announcers say that a student has been killed.
She says Central has been dismissed and all Knox County high schools are on "lock-down."
Poor Dr. McIntyre--will he need to address *two* student deaths at school in the very first month of his tenure with us?
Tuning in now. Prayers for all involved.
- Blue Cross to raise rates by 62% for individual policies (41 replies)
- Interesting approaches to touring a city (2 replies)
- ITT Tech stops all student enrollment (3 replies)
- Walmart's Out-of-Control Crime Problem is Driving Police Crazy (10 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (59 replies)
- How to Transform a Waterfront (1 reply)
- Who will be Tennessee's next governor? (17 replies)
- 170 schools to take part in Tenn.’s first ‘Student Mock Election’ (2 replies)
- Women's Suffrage Monument Unveiled in Nashville (5 replies)
- 2016 election could be decided by 20 counties (1 reply)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (369 replies)
- "It's a sad day for our city" - Maryville, Alcoa, Blount County (4 replies)
- Sep 8 2016 - 6:00pm (1 week 20 hours from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (5 weeks 5 days from now)