What editorial devil possessed the KNS to publish the "Citizen's Voice" tripe by June B. Griffin in today's (Aug. 16) edition? Headlined "Sen. Jessee Helms was a true patriot," it could almost pass for clumsy satire. After canonizing her hero for his "patriotism" and his staunch stand against "foreignism," Griffin declares it a "shame and disgrace" that Helm's body "was not lying in state at the nation's capital."
The writer concludes this orgy of lunacy with what is surely one of the more unwittingly ironic statements ever to (dis)grace the editorial pages of the KNS: "I expect to greet him in the 'Pearly White City.'"
Pearly white, indeed.
Larry Van Guilder
Edit: I knew I had heard the writer's name somewhere before. A Google search turned up this: (link...)
- Lost Mailbox Leads to Time Warp (2 replies)
- Why America won't do anything about gun violence (30 replies)
- KKK in Nashville (5 replies)
- Co. Commission to ask God not to destroy Blount Co. because of the gays (1 reply)
- Employment increased by 142,000 in September (1 reply)
- Yet another privatization fail: Probation (6 replies)
- Troubled Tennessee prisons (5 replies)
- Arne Duncan to step down in December (2 replies)
- A New Low (9 replies)
- Bitter Victor Ashe (19 replies)
- Apollo photo archive (1 reply)
- Guilty pleasures: Janet Jackson's Unbreakable (2 replies)