What editorial devil possessed the KNS to publish the "Citizen's Voice" tripe by June B. Griffin in today's (Aug. 16) edition? Headlined "Sen. Jessee Helms was a true patriot," it could almost pass for clumsy satire. After canonizing her hero for his "patriotism" and his staunch stand against "foreignism," Griffin declares it a "shame and disgrace" that Helm's body "was not lying in state at the nation's capital."
The writer concludes this orgy of lunacy with what is surely one of the more unwittingly ironic statements ever to (dis)grace the editorial pages of the KNS: "I expect to greet him in the 'Pearly White City.'"
Pearly white, indeed.
Larry Van Guilder
Edit: I knew I had heard the writer's name somewhere before. A Google search turned up this: (link...)
- UK votes to leave EU, PM Cameron resigns (22 replies)
- Chattanooga multi-use parking garage (5 replies)
- TIDAL wave? (9 replies)
- Tennessee Medicaid expansion task force plan: DOA? (1 reply)
- UT & downtown parking costs to increase starting Friday (2 replies)
- Trump's gonna win (25 replies)
- Clinton: Silicon Valley frat bros need our help! (1 reply)
- Time running out for free Windows 10 upgrade (9 replies)
- streetcar map (4 replies)
- RIP Pat Summitt (19 replies)
- Volunteer sunflower (1 reply)
- Supreme Court strikes down Texas abortion restrictions (7 replies)