What editorial devil possessed the KNS to publish the "Citizen's Voice" tripe by June B. Griffin in today's (Aug. 16) edition? Headlined "Sen. Jessee Helms was a true patriot," it could almost pass for clumsy satire. After canonizing her hero for his "patriotism" and his staunch stand against "foreignism," Griffin declares it a "shame and disgrace" that Helm's body "was not lying in state at the nation's capital."
The writer concludes this orgy of lunacy with what is surely one of the more unwittingly ironic statements ever to (dis)grace the editorial pages of the KNS: "I expect to greet him in the 'Pearly White City.'"
Pearly white, indeed.
Larry Van Guilder
Edit: I knew I had heard the writer's name somewhere before. A Google search turned up this: (link...)
- Living Walls, Two (1 reply)
- Mayor Rogero's budget focuses on affordable housing, sustainability (4 replies)
- Corker saving Social Security? (19 replies)
- Loss of institutional knowledge already showing at the KNS McPaper (2 replies)
- No Hornback in Shopper (4 replies)
- Shocker at the Shopper (28 replies)
- AP interview of Trump (5 replies)
- Self-driving trolley comes to Knoxville (4 replies)
- It's A Tax, Stupid (and on stupid too) (17 replies)
- You Thought It Was An Urgent Care Center, Until You Got the Bill (1 reply)
- Trump's Cabinet (117 replies)
- Regulating short term rentals in Knoxville (8 replies)