This just in from the City of Knoxville:
The Dogwood Arts Parade scheduled for 7 p.m., Friday has been postponed due to the threat of severe thunderstorms and possible damaging winds during the evening.
Officials with the Dogwood Arts Festival and the City of Knoxville made the decision after discussions on Friday afternoon.
“This is something we regret but the safety of the participants and the spectators was the most important consideration,” said Mickey Mallonee, the city’s director of special events.
The Dogwood Arts Parade has been rescheduled for 7 p.m. Friday, April 25.
The parade will now be the finale of the 48th Dogwood Arts Festival.
- Art or advertising? Magpies and city trying to sort it out (15 replies)
- Stand Up for Good Jobs, Living Wages, & Our Public Services! (2 replies)
- This will make you feel old (2 replies)
- Haslam to outsource operation of U.T. and other university facilities (59 replies)
- Making out like a Bandit? (79 replies)
- Big Brother is (was?) listening at the courthouse (13 replies)
- U.S. Economy Added 173,000 Jobs in August; Unemployment Rate Fell (1 reply)
- Rowan Co. KY county clerk in the national spotlight for defying U.S. Supreme Court (20 replies)
- Tennessee judge won't grant divorce because the gays win (3 replies)
- State officials promote 'low-cost labor force' to lure foreign industries to Tennessee (2 replies)
- State seeks input on proposed law to charge for public records inspection (1 reply)
- The beast has more than one belly: (21 replies)
- Sep 4 2015 - 6:00pm (50 min 42 sec from now)
- Sep 4 2015 - 7:00pm (1 hour 50 min from now)
- Sep 11 2015 - 6:30pm (1 week 1 hour from now)