This just in from the City of Knoxville:
The Dogwood Arts Parade scheduled for 7 p.m., Friday has been postponed due to the threat of severe thunderstorms and possible damaging winds during the evening.
Officials with the Dogwood Arts Festival and the City of Knoxville made the decision after discussions on Friday afternoon.
“This is something we regret but the safety of the participants and the spectators was the most important consideration,” said Mickey Mallonee, the city’s director of special events.
The Dogwood Arts Parade has been rescheduled for 7 p.m. Friday, April 25.
The parade will now be the finale of the 48th Dogwood Arts Festival.
- The Great Backyard Bird Count is underway (4 replies)
- Concerns linger over future of AMSE after land transfer (1 reply)
- Swedes confused/angered by Trump remark (2 replies)
- LWV local news media forum (5 replies)
- McCain Defends a Free Press: ‘That’s How Dictators Get Started’ (2 replies)
- Nearly one-third of TN high schoolers graduated without all course requirements in 2015 (4 replies)
- U.S. House sanctions hunting hibernating bears, wolf pups in their dens (2 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (101 replies)
- What's Going On? An update about road and greenway projects across Blount County (2 replies)
- NYT: The 'Caddyshack' President (6 replies)
- Trump's NatSec advisor Michael Flynn resigns (20 replies)
- NYT - Trump Campaign Aides Had Repeated Contacts With Russian Intelligence (7 replies)
- Feb 22 2017 - 12:00pm (2 days 10 hours from now)
- Feb 23 2017 - 6:00pm (3 days 16 hours from now)
- Feb 27 2017 - 7:00pm (1 week 17 hours from now)