This just in from the City of Knoxville:
The Dogwood Arts Parade scheduled for 7 p.m., Friday has been postponed due to the threat of severe thunderstorms and possible damaging winds during the evening.
Officials with the Dogwood Arts Festival and the City of Knoxville made the decision after discussions on Friday afternoon.
“This is something we regret but the safety of the participants and the spectators was the most important consideration,” said Mickey Mallonee, the city’s director of special events.
The Dogwood Arts Parade has been rescheduled for 7 p.m. Friday, April 25.
The parade will now be the finale of the 48th Dogwood Arts Festival.
- How Republicans quietly sabotaged Obamacare long before Trump came into office (5 replies)
- Maybe Trump should try single payer? (1 reply)
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (54 replies)
- ACA repeal vote canceled, effort falling apart (13 replies)
- What your Congressman thinks of you (8 replies)
- Study: Tennessee among the most federally dependent states (2 replies)
- Maybe our government works after all (1 reply)
- Why doesn't Rep. Eddie Smith want to test school drinking water for lead? (13 replies)
- Thousands of Would-Be Democratic Candidates Flood States in Trump Backlash (2 replies)
- FBI investigates 'odd' computer link between Russian bank and Trump Organization (4 replies)
- North Dakota bill, would legalize accidentally running over protesters in the road (3 replies)
- The "Daily Show" was at Trump Nashville rally (2 replies)