Civil War Living History Weekend at Ramsey House Plantation, April 19-20. Experience exciting battles as well as life in Civil War encampments. More photos from Ramsey House Plantation on their page on Art Museum Touring.com ((link...)).
There will also be demonstrations of weaponry, Civil War medicine, leather goods, and artwork; book signing by authors such as Ron Jones, Dr. Charles Faulkner and Robert Pelton; and a period fashion show by United Daughters of the Confederacy at 1:00 on Saturday. Hours are Saturday 10:00 to 5:00; Sunday 10:00 to 3:00. Skirmishes at 2:00 each day. Admission $5 per person; family rate of $12. Historic home tours discounted during event.
Support your local galleries and museums! They are economic engines for your community.
- Parthenon Group to propose KCS cuts tonight (75 replies)
- Baptist Hospital demolition underway (5 replies)
- Via TREE - The Latest on Voucher Bill (4 replies)
- Volkswagon sides with UAW on appeal - Times Free Press (11 replies)
- TEA sues Knox Co. Schools (3 replies)
- Merita bread to make a comeback? (14 replies)
- Too late to- Stop the State Power Grab- NO Changes to the Right to Farm Act! (31 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (308 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (17 replies)
- Lady Vols win SEC championship (2 replies)
- Rikki Hall benefit for the Little River Watershed Association (15 replies)
- Herr Huffman-Rhee on TEA (and 'Faux' Parents) (9 replies)
- Mar 19 2014 - 12:00pm (1 week 18 hours from now)
- Mar 20 2014 - 7:00pm (1 week 2 days from now)
- Mar 25 2014 - 6:00pm (2 weeks 1 min from now)