Civil War Living History Weekend at Ramsey House Plantation, April 19-20. Experience exciting battles as well as life in Civil War encampments. More photos from Ramsey House Plantation on their page on Art Museum Touring.com ((link...)).
There will also be demonstrations of weaponry, Civil War medicine, leather goods, and artwork; book signing by authors such as Ron Jones, Dr. Charles Faulkner and Robert Pelton; and a period fashion show by United Daughters of the Confederacy at 1:00 on Saturday. Hours are Saturday 10:00 to 5:00; Sunday 10:00 to 3:00. Skirmishes at 2:00 each day. Admission $5 per person; family rate of $12. Historic home tours discounted during event.
Support your local galleries and museums! They are economic engines for your community.
- Big Ears is here (7 replies)
- The payday lending industry is in for a rude awakening (3 replies)
- Brackin's Blues Club Closed? (9 replies)
- Retirement Crisis: The Great 401(k) Experiment Has Failed for Many Americans (4 replies)
- Other reasons KNS might be losing subscribers (72 replies)
- Burchett nixes honorary resolution for Knox County women's groups (20 replies)
- Cades Cove, Daffodils, and the CCC (1 reply)
- Tenn. sues to preserve monopolies, restrict citizens' internet access (10 replies)
- Knoxville Mercury survey (1 reply)
- When avoiding ‘climate change’ is literally laughable (2 replies)
- BREAKING: Disturbed Man Tries to Get Into White House (12 replies)
- Overbey to sponsor Senate Insure Tennessee bill (1 reply)