Civil War Living History Weekend at Ramsey House Plantation, April 19-20. Experience exciting battles as well as life in Civil War encampments. More photos from Ramsey House Plantation on their page on Art Museum Touring.com ((link...)).
There will also be demonstrations of weaponry, Civil War medicine, leather goods, and artwork; book signing by authors such as Ron Jones, Dr. Charles Faulkner and Robert Pelton; and a period fashion show by United Daughters of the Confederacy at 1:00 on Saturday. Hours are Saturday 10:00 to 5:00; Sunday 10:00 to 3:00. Skirmishes at 2:00 each day. Admission $5 per person; family rate of $12. Historic home tours discounted during event.
Support your local galleries and museums! They are economic engines for your community.
- Marsha, Marsha, Marsha: unlike Duncan, not afraid of constituents (3 replies)
- Louisville Point Park Eagle? (2 replies)
- Swedes confused/angered by Trump remark (5 replies)
- Traffic deaths expected to have hit troubling milestone (1 reply)
- LWV local news media forum (6 replies)
- The Great Backyard Bird Count is underway (4 replies)
- Concerns linger over future of AMSE after land transfer (1 reply)
- McCain Defends a Free Press: ‘That’s How Dictators Get Started’ (2 replies)
- Nearly one-third of TN high schoolers graduated without all course requirements in 2015 (4 replies)
- U.S. House sanctions hunting hibernating bears, wolf pups in their dens (2 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (101 replies)
- What's Going On? An update about road and greenway projects across Blount County (2 replies)
- Feb 22 2017 - 12:00pm (34 min 23 sec from now)
- Feb 23 2017 - 6:00pm (1 day 6 hours from now)
- Feb 27 2017 - 7:00pm (5 days 7 hours from now)