Civil War Living History Weekend at Ramsey House Plantation, April 19-20. Experience exciting battles as well as life in Civil War encampments. More photos from Ramsey House Plantation on their page on Art Museum Touring.com ((link...)).
There will also be demonstrations of weaponry, Civil War medicine, leather goods, and artwork; book signing by authors such as Ron Jones, Dr. Charles Faulkner and Robert Pelton; and a period fashion show by United Daughters of the Confederacy at 1:00 on Saturday. Hours are Saturday 10:00 to 5:00; Sunday 10:00 to 3:00. Skirmishes at 2:00 each day. Admission $5 per person; family rate of $12. Historic home tours discounted during event.
Support your local galleries and museums! They are economic engines for your community.
- Study: Tennessee among the most federally dependent states (2 replies)
- ACA repeal vote canceled, effort falling apart (12 replies)
- Maybe our government works after all (1 reply)
- Why doesn't Rep. Eddie Smith want to test school drinking water for lead? (13 replies)
- Thousands of Would-Be Democratic Candidates Flood States in Trump Backlash (2 replies)
- FBI investigates 'odd' computer link between Russian bank and Trump Organization (4 replies)
- North Dakota bill, would legalize accidentally running over protesters in the road (3 replies)
- The "Daily Show" was at Trump Nashville rally (2 replies)
- Trump budget (14 replies)
- Pour one out for Ruby Tuesday (5 replies)
- SoKno Taco Grand Opening Friday, March 31 (2 replies)
- Safety center advancing (1 reply)