In today's County Commission Agenda meeting, Community Services Director Cynthia Finch said "As far as I'm concerned, this does reek of having racial and sexual (overtones).", referring to the News-Sentinel coverage of her 'decision' to no longer oversee Knox County's community grants program after HUD ordered repayment of some grants and raised concerns over $840,000 other grants given out by the County.
So, is the News-Sentinel's coverage racist? Is the criticism deserved? Many seem to think so. But, apparently not Ms. Finch. Is this play her trump card so as not to have to answer the tough questions? Time will tell.
- Clinton responds to Trump convention speech (2 replies)
- Clinton picks Kaine (9 replies)
- WikiLeaks releases 20K DNC e-mails. (3 replies)
- Who will Clinton pick as VP? (38 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (364 replies)
- Mark Harmon: Thanks, Obama. No, really, thanks (5 replies)
- Hotter than a $2 pistol (7 replies)
- While waiting for November, don't forget there are local elections going on (6 replies)
- How car-sharing is already helping cities with their transit issues (1 reply)
- South Waterfront update (14 replies)
- Mayor Rogero and Chief Rausch Declare War on Gang Members (1 reply)
- Ailes out at Fox News (4 replies)
- Jul 27 2016 - 12:00pm (3 days 7 hours from now)
- Jul 28 2016 - 3:00pm (4 days 10 hours from now)