In today's County Commission Agenda meeting, Community Services Director Cynthia Finch said "As far as I'm concerned, this does reek of having racial and sexual (overtones).", referring to the News-Sentinel coverage of her 'decision' to no longer oversee Knox County's community grants program after HUD ordered repayment of some grants and raised concerns over $840,000 other grants given out by the County.
So, is the News-Sentinel's coverage racist? Is the criticism deserved? Many seem to think so. But, apparently not Ms. Finch. Is this play her trump card so as not to have to answer the tough questions? Time will tell.
- Metro Pulse BOE Endorsements (9 replies)
- Thanks, Jim (2 replies)
- TDOT commissioner: Tennessee facing new taxing method or deteriorating roads (2 replies)
- National Park Week: "For the benefit and enjoyment of the people" (4 replies)
- Women’s Representation in Tennessee (1 reply)
- Everything you wanted to know about Compact Fluorescent Bulbs, including the mercury problem (47 replies)
- First woman to fly around the world solo forgotten. (3 replies)
- Tips for local live musicians (15 replies)
- One last questionnaire for school board candidates (which I didn't answer) (5 replies)
- KUB having trouble with broken water mains (7 replies)
- Oh National Democrats wherefore art thou? (10 replies)
- Remembering Black Wednesday (17 replies)