In today's County Commission Agenda meeting, Community Services Director Cynthia Finch said "As far as I'm concerned, this does reek of having racial and sexual (overtones).", referring to the News-Sentinel coverage of her 'decision' to no longer oversee Knox County's community grants program after HUD ordered repayment of some grants and raised concerns over $840,000 other grants given out by the County.
So, is the News-Sentinel's coverage racist? Is the criticism deserved? Many seem to think so. But, apparently not Ms. Finch. Is this play her trump card so as not to have to answer the tough questions? Time will tell.
- Autism Risk Linked to Particulate Air Pollution (2 replies)
- Happy birthday to the Mr. (40 replies)
- City to rebid Cumberland Ave. project (36 replies)
- What are best places to get soup in Knoxville? (18 replies)
- NLRB issues complaints since McDonald's qualifies as joint employer (1 reply)
- Geek stuff: Droid Turbo (8 replies)
- The banality of evil (5 replies)
- Circle Modern Dance Primitive Light (2 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (76 replies)
- Blurring the Racial Lines (16 replies)
- What Every State in the U.S. Is Worst at (17 replies)
- don't forget, it's hanukah (5 replies)