In today's County Commission Agenda meeting, Community Services Director Cynthia Finch said "As far as I'm concerned, this does reek of having racial and sexual (overtones).", referring to the News-Sentinel coverage of her 'decision' to no longer oversee Knox County's community grants program after HUD ordered repayment of some grants and raised concerns over $840,000 other grants given out by the County.
So, is the News-Sentinel's coverage racist? Is the criticism deserved? Many seem to think so. But, apparently not Ms. Finch. Is this play her trump card so as not to have to answer the tough questions? Time will tell.
- Here we go again (20 replies)
- Frank Cagle nails the Voucher Issue (26 replies)
- Other reasons KNS might be losing subscribers (26 replies)
- Nashville schools audit assesses impact of charter schools (4 replies)
- RIP Leonard Nimoy (2 replies)
- NAAWP? Seriously? (10 replies)
- FCC will enforce net neutrality (1 reply)
- Glenn Reynolds: Libertarian Fascist? (55 replies)
- Is there an exhaustive list of Knoxville breweries? (1 reply)
- Vertical farm can make 44,000 pounds of tomatoes on the side of a parking lot (3 replies)
- Obama vetoes Keystone XL pipeline bill (11 replies)
- Tennessee considers for-profit public benefit corporate entities (50 replies)