In today's County Commission Agenda meeting, Community Services Director Cynthia Finch said "As far as I'm concerned, this does reek of having racial and sexual (overtones).", referring to the News-Sentinel coverage of her 'decision' to no longer oversee Knox County's community grants program after HUD ordered repayment of some grants and raised concerns over $840,000 other grants given out by the County.
So, is the News-Sentinel's coverage racist? Is the criticism deserved? Many seem to think so. But, apparently not Ms. Finch. Is this play her trump card so as not to have to answer the tough questions? Time will tell.
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (6 replies)
- Delegate counts (9 replies)
- Oh no! Say it ain't so Fresh Market (7 replies)
- Pilot update (12 replies)
- UT target of "sweeping" sexual assault lawsuit (11 replies)
- Maybe the dog ate his diploma? (2 replies)
- Bernaroo (1 reply)
- Bernie Sanders raises $6.4 million in first 24 hours after NH polls close (2 replies)
- What's up at South-Doyle High School? (5 replies)
- Vouchers back in the House today... Update: bill tabled, no vouchers (1 reply)
- Sears closing more stores (8 replies)
- Petition for a Better Dollar General on Washington Pike (18 replies)