Tomorrow's County Commission meeting is chock full of controversial or potentially controversial items. Here is a quick rundown so viewers can keep track of them.
10-D-07-SP and 10-Q-07 RZ: Southwest Sector Plan Amendment, an attempt to switch from Low- to Medium Density on Northeast side of Canton Hollow Road. MPC recommended deny, plus lots of neighborhood opposition. MPC let slide a switch to 5 units per acre Planned Residential; neighbors want scaled back to 3 units.
10-E-07-SP and 10-T-07RZ: South Sector Plan Amendment. Significant neighborhood opposition to Victor Jernigan plan for high-density apartments on south side of W. Gov. John Sevier Hwy, east of Winkle Lane, north of Tipton Station.
( I have questions on a couple other zoning items as well. )
Commission Regular Meeting (5pm or after zonings):
R-07-12-906: Tax Increment Finance package for Willow Creek Shopping Center in Halls, the proposed tax break is 20 years and $4 million.
R-07-12-909: Invoke subpoena powers of commission.
R-07-12-914: Changes regarding Code of Ethics that include defining certain things as not "items of value" and also defining nepotism.
R-07-916: Revisiting the vacancy appointments question.
R-07-917: Resolution urging all citizens to proclaim to every level of government its responsibility to recognize God as foundation of national heritage, the "God Resolution."
R-07-919: Specifying Tyler Harber incidents as part of subpoena powers, and starting investigation.
O-07-12-101 Stormwater Ordinance. Deal with city. Lumpy amendments gone, types of pipe specified in three specific instances. County gets larger size plots exempted from plans. Lingering serious questions whether other provisions are adequate or sufficient regarding EPA and environment.
O-07-12-102 Ordinance Amendments related to Animal Control, dangerous dogs.
O-07-11-103 Recall Amendment
- Blue Cross to raise rates by 62% for individual policies (12 replies)
- K-Mart N. Broadway gone (16 replies)
- Local Motors to produce Olli self-driving vehicle in Knoxville (10 replies)
- Union Ave, Ice Cream, and soup? (48 replies)
- UT students are back! (14 replies)
- Thanks for the memories! (1 reply)
- Free speech proves costly (4 replies)
- Hillary Clinton campaign office to open in Knox County (11 replies)
- How Haslam is reshaping Tennessee environmental rules (6 replies)
- a small but notable defeat for privatization (9 replies)
- Interest rates at (pre) historic lows (6 replies)
- Trump train changing direction? (30 replies)
- Aug 24 2016 - 12:00pm (3 hours 49 min ago)
- Aug 27 2016 - 2:00pm (2 days 22 hours from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (6 weeks 5 days from now)