Tomorrow's County Commission meeting is chock full of controversial or potentially controversial items. Here is a quick rundown so viewers can keep track of them.
10-D-07-SP and 10-Q-07 RZ: Southwest Sector Plan Amendment, an attempt to switch from Low- to Medium Density on Northeast side of Canton Hollow Road. MPC recommended deny, plus lots of neighborhood opposition. MPC let slide a switch to 5 units per acre Planned Residential; neighbors want scaled back to 3 units.
10-E-07-SP and 10-T-07RZ: South Sector Plan Amendment. Significant neighborhood opposition to Victor Jernigan plan for high-density apartments on south side of W. Gov. John Sevier Hwy, east of Winkle Lane, north of Tipton Station.
( I have questions on a couple other zoning items as well. )
Commission Regular Meeting (5pm or after zonings):
R-07-12-906: Tax Increment Finance package for Willow Creek Shopping Center in Halls, the proposed tax break is 20 years and $4 million.
R-07-12-909: Invoke subpoena powers of commission.
R-07-12-914: Changes regarding Code of Ethics that include defining certain things as not "items of value" and also defining nepotism.
R-07-916: Revisiting the vacancy appointments question.
R-07-917: Resolution urging all citizens to proclaim to every level of government its responsibility to recognize God as foundation of national heritage, the "God Resolution."
R-07-919: Specifying Tyler Harber incidents as part of subpoena powers, and starting investigation.
O-07-12-101 Stormwater Ordinance. Deal with city. Lumpy amendments gone, types of pipe specified in three specific instances. County gets larger size plots exempted from plans. Lingering serious questions whether other provisions are adequate or sufficient regarding EPA and environment.
O-07-12-102 Ordinance Amendments related to Animal Control, dangerous dogs.
O-07-11-103 Recall Amendment
- Happy birthday to the Mr. (9 replies)
- What are best places to get soup in Knoxville? (13 replies)
- What Every State in the U.S. Is Worst at (5 replies)
- Blurring the Racial Lines (4 replies)
- Elizabeth Warren for president! (65 replies)
- City to rebid Cumberland Ave. project (24 replies)
- Haslam names new education commissioner (5 replies)
- The End of an Era (1 reply)
- Final nail for Hemlock (2 replies)
- Island Home apartment project may break ground this week (10 replies)
- The banality of evil (4 replies)
- All-Clad for the win (9 replies)