It's too easy to think there is no link between the lights in your home and the disgraceful practice of mountaintop removal mines. This interactive site shows very clearly how Knoxville and KUB benefit from mountaintop removal.
Scraping away mountains in order to get energy is a sad practice. Please take a minute to email KUB to urge them to seek sustainable energy sources as quickly as possible.
"From purple mountain majesties..." Remember getting a lump in your throat when you were a kid? I do. America's mountains deserve to be protected.
- Ammo plant deal falling apart? (5 replies)
- Clinton campaign faltering (3 replies)
- WBIR Inside Tennessee - Democratic candidate Gloria Johnson (3 replies)
- Water enforcement dropped in business-friendly Haslam administration (2 replies)
- Investigative Report on Rick Staples Part II (1 reply)
- Bald Eagle on French Broad (5 replies)
- South High redux as Assisted Living Center (1 reply)
- Bill seeking to stop scalpers from grabbing online tickets has cleared the House (2 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (69 replies)
- Businessman wants to add waterfall to South Knoxville waterfront (23 replies)
- Dover to develop South High (8 replies)
- AMI ammo factory deal could involve $20 million in state incentives (28 replies)