Knox County Commission joint Intergovernmental and Finance Committee meeting is about to start. How to fill vacancies will be the star issue, but I predict the following also may get attention: revisiting stormwater ordinance, changes to ethics policy, recall amendment, and appointment of Scott Davis to Public Building Authority.
Updates as possible. --Mark Harmon
John Owings has brought back the ugly spectre of rolling appointments.
Scott Moore has added a wheel tax repeal to discussion section.
I need to speak up so one motion related to Open Meetings Act does not become a poison pill to improvements or an inducement to weakening.
Lumpy just exploded in an outburst of false statements about the past forum at Whittle Springs.
- TNReady: Another outsourcing fail (4 replies)
- House defers vouchers (2 replies)
- Peyton Manning's last game? (13 replies)
- Pilot update (25 replies)
- Alcoa pedestrian bridge grand opening (9 replies)
- Here we go. Finally. (57 replies)
- Nashville DA sues TV reporter Phil Williams for $200M (2 replies)
- Democrat Heather Hensley announces run for State House 89th district (10 replies)
- Mark Harmon: History of public education has deep roots (7 replies)
- At least they're trying (4 replies)
- Google Rolls Out Free Gigabit Internet Service to Public Housing (4 replies)
- Gloria Johnson announces State House candidacy (15 replies)