Knox County Commission joint Intergovernmental and Finance Committee meeting is about to start. How to fill vacancies will be the star issue, but I predict the following also may get attention: revisiting stormwater ordinance, changes to ethics policy, recall amendment, and appointment of Scott Davis to Public Building Authority.
Updates as possible. --Mark Harmon
John Owings has brought back the ugly spectre of rolling appointments.
Scott Moore has added a wheel tax repeal to discussion section.
I need to speak up so one motion related to Open Meetings Act does not become a poison pill to improvements or an inducement to weakening.
Lumpy just exploded in an outburst of false statements about the past forum at Whittle Springs.
- Why doesn't Rep. Eddie Smith want to test school drinking water for lead? (5 replies)
- Trump budget (13 replies)
- Study: Tennessee among the most federally dependent states (1 reply)
- Pour one out for Ruby Tuesday (5 replies)
- SoKno Taco Grand Opening Friday, March 31 (2 replies)
- FBI investigates 'odd' computer link between Russian bank and Trump Organization (3 replies)
- Safety center advancing (1 reply)
- Why does Trump hate Obama? (6 replies)
- Chuck Berry, rock 'n' roll pioneer, dead at 90 (1 reply)
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (51 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (112 replies)
- Rep. Diane Black fishing around for info on Medicaid block grants (3 replies)
- Mar 24 2017 - 9:00am (1 day 10 hours from now)
- Mar 28 2017 - 6:30pm (5 days 20 hours from now)
- Mar 29 2017 - 12:00pm (6 days 13 hours from now)
- Apr 27 2017 - 6:00pm (5 weeks 19 hours from now)