Knox County Commission joint Intergovernmental and Finance Committee meeting is about to start. How to fill vacancies will be the star issue, but I predict the following also may get attention: revisiting stormwater ordinance, changes to ethics policy, recall amendment, and appointment of Scott Davis to Public Building Authority.
Updates as possible. --Mark Harmon
John Owings has brought back the ugly spectre of rolling appointments.
Scott Moore has added a wheel tax repeal to discussion section.
I need to speak up so one motion related to Open Meetings Act does not become a poison pill to improvements or an inducement to weakening.
Lumpy just exploded in an outburst of false statements about the past forum at Whittle Springs.
- Jimmy Duncan has lost it and is no longer fit to serve (1 reply)
- It's A Tax, Stupid (and on stupid too) (12 replies)
- Self-driving trolley comes to Knoxville (3 replies)
- Arts without the NEA (3 replies)
- AP interview of Trump (4 replies)
- Tonight: Tom Perez/Bernie Sanders - Louisville, KY (36 replies)
- Knoxville SOUP (1 reply)
- Samantha Bee ... (1 reply)
- Trump's Cabinet (115 replies)
- Forget Mar-a-Lago. This is how you roll... (3 replies)
- "Narrow miss" the new low bar for Democrats (5 replies)
- Opening lyrics (9 replies)
- Apr 26 2017 - 12:00pm (6 hours 5 min from now)
- Apr 26 2017 - 6:30pm (12 hours 35 min from now)
- Apr 27 2017 - 6:00pm (1 day 12 hours from now)