One less joker in the deck. The rats are scuttling.
FLASHBACK: Two days ago:
Q: You don't see any shake-up coming?
THE VICE PRESIDENT: I'm not in the business of making predictions. The President hasn't indicated he plans to make any changes.
FLASHBACK: Two weeks ago:
Q: The calls from the current senators, and even former senators, from what we understand, to change the staffing, expand it, if not swap out, is there anything to it? Are any staff changes at the White House imminent?
MR. McCLELLAN: Jim, let me speak very clearly to this. This is part of the inside Washington babble that goes on in this town. It's part of the parlor game. We are focused on the priorities that the American people care most about and getting things done. We are focused on helping the President advance his agenda, to make America safer and more prosperous. There are a lot of important priorities we're working to advance, and we're working to advance, and we're working to build upon a record of great accomplishment. And that's where our focus is.
"Jim, let me speak very clearly to this." Say what? Sounds more like some of that "babble" to me.
P.S. If the GOP leadership wants a change at the White House to improve their chances in November, articles of impeachment would be a good start.
- New York bans styrofoam (8 replies)
- Zeitgeist Studies (1 reply)
- In Memoriam (5 replies)
- Mark Harmon's "Knox Beat" old time radio show (7 replies)
- Survey: Perceptions of South Knoxville (5 replies)
- Lottery: it's all about the students (13 replies)
- Kaiser foundation on coverage gap (3 replies)
- Happy Anniversary to the Mrs. (8 replies)
- 2013 Shootings in Knox County, TN (97 replies)
- RIP Tom Laughlin, 'Billy Jack' (5 replies)
- Haslam's lack of leadership on health care hurts state's most vulnerable (19 replies)
- Shopper update (9 replies)