This 28 year old single parent has raised a furor in the community by exposing her boobs and some scantily clad pics on MySpace, a community site for adults who are supposed to be 18 years old or older.
The school sent a letter home warning parents about this. It did state that the teacher had 1st amendment rights, but it added the school board has measures to address unprofessional behavior.
I have mixed feelings about this. I don't think she did anything that should get her fired, but, when I was teaching, I was very aware of how my students might view any of my behaviors, so I always kept my private life totally private. Certainly the teacher didn't use very good judgement. We all know kids surf MySpace and have sites on it also. All you have to do is say you're 18 and you're on.
I think the school principal should have called the teacher in privately and explained why she shouldn't be exposing her self (no pun intended) to possible ridicule by the kids or to anger from parents.
- DTV hosts Dr. Bob Kronick on the subject of community schools tonight. (3 replies)
- L.A. wants their school iPad money back (6 replies)
- A word before you rush out to buy those plants.... (5 replies)
- Vertical farm can make 44,000 pounds of tomatoes on the side of a parking lot (7 replies)
- Cumberland Ave. Redesign Detour/Closure (147 replies)
- Last ditch appeal to resurrect Insure Tennessee Medicaid expansion (5 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (27 replies)
- Allergies are kicking my butt this spring (11 replies)
- Need Your Opinion -- Why live in Knoxville and Where? (85 replies)
- What gives "conservatives" a bad name (15 replies)
- Downtown street musicians (6 replies)
- Santa Gov wants to give FedEx an early Christmas present (10 replies)