This 28 year old single parent has raised a furor in the community by exposing her boobs and some scantily clad pics on MySpace, a community site for adults who are supposed to be 18 years old or older.
The school sent a letter home warning parents about this. It did state that the teacher had 1st amendment rights, but it added the school board has measures to address unprofessional behavior.
I have mixed feelings about this. I don't think she did anything that should get her fired, but, when I was teaching, I was very aware of how my students might view any of my behaviors, so I always kept my private life totally private. Certainly the teacher didn't use very good judgement. We all know kids surf MySpace and have sites on it also. All you have to do is say you're 18 and you're on.
I think the school principal should have called the teacher in privately and explained why she shouldn't be exposing her self (no pun intended) to possible ridicule by the kids or to anger from parents.
- City Council candidate forum (2 replies)
- EPA fines Rep. Andy Hold for illegal hog waste dumping (2 replies)
- Redesign of Public Space at Riverwalk (22 replies)
- Praise the Lord and pass the legislation! (30 replies)
- Plans for Midway Business Park revived (5 replies)
- Court: City Council must vote on Pryor Brown surface parking lot (13 replies)
- U.S. tax cuts don't pay for themselves -Republican-appointed official says (3 replies)
- Immigration and Entitlements = Trump Traction (3 replies)
- Haslam to outsource operation of U.T. and other university facilities (58 replies)
- The cutest thing you will see all day (7 replies)
- Halls Shopper update (8 replies)
- State's unclaimed property website streamlined (3 replies)