This 28 year old single parent has raised a furor in the community by exposing her boobs and some scantily clad pics on MySpace, a community site for adults who are supposed to be 18 years old or older.
The school sent a letter home warning parents about this. It did state that the teacher had 1st amendment rights, but it added the school board has measures to address unprofessional behavior.
I have mixed feelings about this. I don't think she did anything that should get her fired, but, when I was teaching, I was very aware of how my students might view any of my behaviors, so I always kept my private life totally private. Certainly the teacher didn't use very good judgement. We all know kids surf MySpace and have sites on it also. All you have to do is say you're 18 and you're on.
I think the school principal should have called the teacher in privately and explained why she shouldn't be exposing her self (no pun intended) to possible ridicule by the kids or to anger from parents.
- Volkswagon sides with UAW on appeal - Times Free Press (3 replies)
- Herr Huffman-Rhee on TEA (and 'Faux' Parents) (7 replies)
- Ever thought about opening a franchise store? (2 replies)
- FINAL CALL! Stop the State Power Grab- NO Changes to the Right to Farm Act! (29 replies)
- CCA under federal investigation (7 replies)
- Honey Bees Question (3 replies)
- Daily Show: Third world health care in Knoxville (34 replies)
- Rikki Hall benefit for the Little River Watershed Association (13 replies)
- Keep Knoxville Beautiful: Nominate a location to be beautified (10 replies)
- The 5 National Parks Hardest Hit by the Government Shutdown (3 replies)
- Shoulda got Moxley (92 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (16 replies)