This 28 year old single parent has raised a furor in the community by exposing her boobs and some scantily clad pics on MySpace, a community site for adults who are supposed to be 18 years old or older.
The school sent a letter home warning parents about this. It did state that the teacher had 1st amendment rights, but it added the school board has measures to address unprofessional behavior.
I have mixed feelings about this. I don't think she did anything that should get her fired, but, when I was teaching, I was very aware of how my students might view any of my behaviors, so I always kept my private life totally private. Certainly the teacher didn't use very good judgement. We all know kids surf MySpace and have sites on it also. All you have to do is say you're 18 and you're on.
I think the school principal should have called the teacher in privately and explained why she shouldn't be exposing her self (no pun intended) to possible ridicule by the kids or to anger from parents.
- What's up with E.W. Scripps? (3 replies)
- Planets align on Siler v. Briggs debate (6 replies)
- BREAKING: Herron will not seek second term as TNDP chair (14 replies)
- South Waterfront update: A lot happening (13 replies)
- Robert Reich to speak in Knoxville (9 replies)
- Bar Marley (6 replies)
- Obamacare's not perfect (duh!) (2 replies)
- Watch this and get inspired (3 replies)
- A future for I-40? (18 replies)
- The Artful Dodger: Dr. Briggs "radio silence" on Cheri Siler's invitation to debate (39 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (53 replies)
- A Trip in the Country (3 replies)
- Sep 23 2014 - 6:15pm (3 hours 51 min from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 7:00pm (4 hours 36 min from now)
- Sep 25 2014 - 6:00pm (2 days 3 hours from now)
- Oct 5 2014 - 2:00pm (1 week 4 days from now)