This 28 year old single parent has raised a furor in the community by exposing her boobs and some scantily clad pics on MySpace, a community site for adults who are supposed to be 18 years old or older.
The school sent a letter home warning parents about this. It did state that the teacher had 1st amendment rights, but it added the school board has measures to address unprofessional behavior.
I have mixed feelings about this. I don't think she did anything that should get her fired, but, when I was teaching, I was very aware of how my students might view any of my behaviors, so I always kept my private life totally private. Certainly the teacher didn't use very good judgement. We all know kids surf MySpace and have sites on it also. All you have to do is say you're 18 and you're on.
I think the school principal should have called the teacher in privately and explained why she shouldn't be exposing her self (no pun intended) to possible ridicule by the kids or to anger from parents.
- Note to car bloggers: Do not mess with Jeff Gordon (5 replies)
- Here's a fun way to explain our State Senate Race (7 replies)
- What's at stake with Amendment One (9 replies)
- A Great Response to a False and Deceptive Ad (14 replies)
- BREAKING: Metro Pulse shutting down, staff fired, other layoffs at KNS (284 replies)
- Town Hall Forum (1 reply)
- International Baccalaureate (8 replies)
- ISIS+ (10 replies)
- We're calling a personal foul on Gloria Johnson's opponent (18 replies)
- Burlington is back (10 replies)
- Blackwater guards found guilty in Iraq shootings (8 replies)
- No-Show Smith finally shows up – But guess where? (16 replies)
- Oct 28 2014 - 5:30pm (4 days 10 hours from now)
- Oct 28 2014 - 6:00pm (4 days 11 hours from now)
- Oct 30 2014 - 7:00pm (6 days 12 hours from now)