The defense rested today, without calling Lumpy to the stand, ending the "sworn" testimony part of the trial.
Now they will proceed with motions and closing arguments, which are expected Monday morning, with jury deliberations to begin as early as Monday afternoon. Should be interesting next week.
For more informed commentary from lawyers and others on the legal issues and strategies, see this thread. I think I have to agree with Mark Siegel that the defense gave up about half way through the trial, and they now await their fate.
- Walmart's Out-of-Control Crime Problem is Driving Police Crazy (7 replies)
- Blue Cross to raise rates by 62% for individual policies (21 replies)
- K-Mart N. Broadway gone (20 replies)
- Local Motors to produce Olli self-driving vehicle in Knoxville (10 replies)
- Union Ave, Ice Cream, and soup? (48 replies)
- UT students are back! (14 replies)
- Thanks for the memories! (1 reply)
- Free speech proves costly (4 replies)
- Hillary Clinton campaign office to open in Knox County (11 replies)
- How Haslam is reshaping Tennessee environmental rules (6 replies)
- a small but notable defeat for privatization (9 replies)
- Interest rates at (pre) historic lows (6 replies)
- Aug 27 2016 - 2:00pm (2 days 2 hours from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (6 weeks 4 days from now)