The defense rested today, without calling Lumpy to the stand, ending the "sworn" testimony part of the trial.
Now they will proceed with motions and closing arguments, which are expected Monday morning, with jury deliberations to begin as early as Monday afternoon. Should be interesting next week.
For more informed commentary from lawyers and others on the legal issues and strategies, see this thread. I think I have to agree with Mark Siegel that the defense gave up about half way through the trial, and they now await their fate.
- ISIS+ (5 replies)
- The new standard for Knox Co. Schools? (14 replies)
- Well, this is awkward (30 replies)
- McMillan elected School Board Chair (3 replies)
- Um, Greg Johnson? Haslam's free tuition plan NOT "first-in-the-nation," just screwiest (8 replies)
- EBT confusion (96 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (82 replies)
- What's The Strategy for Fighting Amendment One? (11 replies)
- Briggs misleads, comes across as a bully (20 replies)
- Shopper-News online (3 replies)
- Briggs and Military Uniform policy (5 replies)
- Knox County 2014 State Primary and County General Election Sample Ballot (3 replies)
- Oct 2 2014 - 6:00pm (7 hours 12 min from now)
- Oct 5 2014 - 2:00pm (3 days 3 hours from now)
- Oct 6 2014 - 6:15pm (4 days 7 hours from now)
- Oct 6 2014 - 7:00pm (4 days 8 hours from now)