The defense rested today, without calling Lumpy to the stand, ending the "sworn" testimony part of the trial.
Now they will proceed with motions and closing arguments, which are expected Monday morning, with jury deliberations to begin as early as Monday afternoon. Should be interesting next week.
For more informed commentary from lawyers and others on the legal issues and strategies, see this thread. I think I have to agree with Mark Siegel that the defense gave up about half way through the trial, and they now await their fate.
- Drum solos that don't suck (3 replies)
- Another Trump promise not in the works? (1 reply)
- Gannett swings the axe again... (23 replies)
- Chattanooga NPR reporter fired after legislator complaints (1 reply)
- Campus facilities management outsourcing announced (5 replies)
- Safety center advancing (2 replies)
- A robot that burns Donald Trump's tweets (1 reply)
- Trump budget (15 replies)
- Tesla on autopilot hits police motorcycle (1 reply)
- Former FCC chairman: Things are 'going the way I feared' (2 replies)
- Why doesn't Rep. Eddie Smith want to test school drinking water for lead? (18 replies)
- As more Americans fail drug tests, employers turn to refugees (1 reply)