When you fly regularly air travel takes on a different nuance.
How often has your luggage been lost? One report estimates 30 million misdirected bags in 2005. I can recall only one instance of my luggage being misdirected, in Houston. At least it arrived an hour before my business meeting.
How often have you silently (or aloud) thanked the pilot (reg req'd) for a safe flight and landing? I have been on several white knuckle flights where I am truly confident the expertise of the pilot got us there safely. I am not sure if it is valid, but I really like pilots that have a military background.
How often has someone on your flight been overcome with air rage? This too I have encountered several times. My gratitude to the flight attendants for their calm in handling the situations. Do we really need cell phones on flights to add to the discontent of air travel? No. And thanks to a recent study that determined cell phones, etc. can indeed disrupt the operation of cockpit instruments such as Global Positioning System receivers. Can we use this study to finally say no to cell phones on air planes?
Be careful out there!
- Jonathan Turley - "Get ready for an even bigger threat to Obamacare" (13 replies)
- State finally admits its for-profit virtual academy is a flop (3 replies)
- Knoxville News Sentinel website makeover (9 replies)
- Knoxville firefighters endorse Cheri Siler for State Senate (3 replies)
- Tennessee, an inauspicious place to raise children (1 reply)
- State of Tennessee facing Medicaid enrollment lawsuit (4 replies)
- Report: School board member/candidate Gloria Deathridge health issues (1 reply)
- Congress comes together to help the disabled save, tax-free (1 reply)
- Knox Co. should resolve Halls greenway project issues (25 replies)
- No Credit? No Problem (18 replies)
- Jason Emert, Sleazy campaigner (10 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (43 replies)
- Jul 24 2014 - 6:00pm (23 hours 43 min from now)
- Jul 26 2014 - 9:00am (2 days 14 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 10:00am (5 days 15 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 5:30pm (5 days 23 hours from now)