This statement was just released by Democratic Caucus Chairman Senator Joe Haynes, D-Goodlettsville, after the announcement that Senator Ward Crutchfield, D-Chattanooga, had pled guilty to bribery in Federal court:
"The members of the Caucus are saddened by this turn of events. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Senator Crutchfield and his family during this difficult time. It is our hope that this does not obscure what was a record of noteworthy public service. Senator Crutchfield represented the people of his district with distinction for a very long time."
WBIR files this report.
KNS files this report.
Michael Silence has a roundup of background from bloggers around the state.
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (31 replies)
- Latest chapter of the Pilot saga (11 replies)
- Peak Republican indeed (4 replies)
- Haslam allows guns on college campuses (7 replies)
- GOP primary dials crazy up to 11 (6 replies)
- Trump, Sanders win Indiana (1 reply)
- Clinton, Trump rack up big wins in New England states (19 replies)
- Cruz drops out (1 reply)
- Pope's Garden Center is closing (20 replies)
- What's next for Obama? (4 replies)
- Dogwood Arts & Crafts Fair - Market Square - April 29 - May 1, 2016 (1 reply)
- Quote of the Day (4 replies)