This statement was just released by Democratic Caucus Chairman Senator Joe Haynes, D-Goodlettsville, after the announcement that Senator Ward Crutchfield, D-Chattanooga, had pled guilty to bribery in Federal court:
"The members of the Caucus are saddened by this turn of events. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Senator Crutchfield and his family during this difficult time. It is our hope that this does not obscure what was a record of noteworthy public service. Senator Crutchfield represented the people of his district with distinction for a very long time."
WBIR files this report.
KNS files this report.
Michael Silence has a roundup of background from bloggers around the state.
- Louisville Point Park Eagle? (2 replies)
- Swedes confused/angered by Trump remark (5 replies)
- Traffic deaths expected to have hit troubling milestone (1 reply)
- LWV local news media forum (6 replies)
- The Great Backyard Bird Count is underway (4 replies)
- Concerns linger over future of AMSE after land transfer (1 reply)
- McCain Defends a Free Press: ‘That’s How Dictators Get Started’ (2 replies)
- Nearly one-third of TN high schoolers graduated without all course requirements in 2015 (4 replies)
- U.S. House sanctions hunting hibernating bears, wolf pups in their dens (2 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (101 replies)
- What's Going On? An update about road and greenway projects across Blount County (2 replies)
- NYT: The 'Caddyshack' President (6 replies)
- Feb 22 2017 - 12:00pm (22 hours 9 min from now)
- Feb 23 2017 - 6:00pm (2 days 4 hours from now)
- Feb 27 2017 - 7:00pm (6 days 5 hours from now)