This statement was just released by Democratic Caucus Chairman Senator Joe Haynes, D-Goodlettsville, after the announcement that Senator Ward Crutchfield, D-Chattanooga, had pled guilty to bribery in Federal court:
"The members of the Caucus are saddened by this turn of events. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Senator Crutchfield and his family during this difficult time. It is our hope that this does not obscure what was a record of noteworthy public service. Senator Crutchfield represented the people of his district with distinction for a very long time."
WBIR files this report.
KNS files this report.
Michael Silence has a roundup of background from bloggers around the state.
- ACA repeal vote canceled, effort falling apart (11 replies)
- Why doesn't Rep. Eddie Smith want to test school drinking water for lead? (13 replies)
- Thousands of Would-Be Democratic Candidates Flood States in Trump Backlash (2 replies)
- FBI investigates 'odd' computer link between Russian bank and Trump Organization (4 replies)
- North Dakota bill, would legalize accidentally running over protesters in the road (3 replies)
- The "Daily Show" was at Trump Nashville rally (2 replies)
- Trump budget (14 replies)
- Study: Tennessee among the most federally dependent states (1 reply)
- Pour one out for Ruby Tuesday (5 replies)
- SoKno Taco Grand Opening Friday, March 31 (2 replies)
- Safety center advancing (1 reply)
- Why does Trump hate Obama? (6 replies)