The Decider commuted the jail time part of the sentence. Poor Scooter will be on 2 years probation and have to pay the $250,000 fine (tough for a guy who has God knows how much $$ in his defense fund), but he serves nary a day.
This comes on the same day that an appeals court unanimously upheld the trial judge's decision that Libby could not stay out of jail pending appeal.
You know, I think I'd mind a pardon less. This is just plan micro-managing the judiciary. Not to mention that Bush has said before he wouldn't get involved as long as Libby still had appeals left.
Doesn't Bush get upset when Congress tries to "micro-manage" the executive branch?
Oh yeah, that's different. And it's a holiday week, so you're not supposed to notice.
- Keep Knoxville Beautiful: Nominate a location to be beautified (8 replies)
- The 5 National Parks Hardest Hit by the Government Shutdown (3 replies)
- Volkswagon sides with UAW on appeal - Times Free Press (1 reply)
- Shoulda got Moxley (92 replies)
- Honey Bees Question (2 replies)
- CCA under federal investigation (3 replies)
- Daily Show: Third world health care in Knoxville (32 replies)
- FINAL CALL! Stop the State Power Grab- NO Changes to the Right to Farm Act! (28 replies)
- Herr Huffman-Rhee on TEA (and 'Faux' Parents) (5 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (16 replies)
- Fulton Lady Falcons win at state quarterfinals, 67-49 over Cannon County (5 replies)
- Shame on you Gov. Haslam (14 replies)