The Decider commuted the jail time part of the sentence. Poor Scooter will be on 2 years probation and have to pay the $250,000 fine (tough for a guy who has God knows how much $$ in his defense fund), but he serves nary a day.
This comes on the same day that an appeals court unanimously upheld the trial judge's decision that Libby could not stay out of jail pending appeal.
You know, I think I'd mind a pardon less. This is just plan micro-managing the judiciary. Not to mention that Bush has said before he wouldn't get involved as long as Libby still had appeals left.
Doesn't Bush get upset when Congress tries to "micro-manage" the executive branch?
Oh yeah, that's different. And it's a holiday week, so you're not supposed to notice.
- Infrastructure grades (5 replies)
- Sen. Alexander, you should be ashamed (18 replies)
- Welcome, Andi! (1 reply)
- Dark money comes to school board races. The source? Charter school advocates (1 reply)
- Trump calls for business tax cuts to stimulate economy (31 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (63 replies)
- Alcoa Hwy closed this morning UT Hospital northbound (4 replies)
- The millennial vote? (12 replies)
- Let's get ready to rumble! (22 replies)
- BCBS Pulling Out of TN Metros (19 replies)
- Toxic air pollution nanoparticles discovered in the human brain (1 reply)
- Butt probe (8 replies)
- Oct 6 2016 - 6:00pm (6 days 5 hours from now)
- Oct 7 2016 - 6:00pm (1 week 5 hours from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (1 week 3 days from now)