The Decider commuted the jail time part of the sentence. Poor Scooter will be on 2 years probation and have to pay the $250,000 fine (tough for a guy who has God knows how much $$ in his defense fund), but he serves nary a day.
This comes on the same day that an appeals court unanimously upheld the trial judge's decision that Libby could not stay out of jail pending appeal.
You know, I think I'd mind a pardon less. This is just plan micro-managing the judiciary. Not to mention that Bush has said before he wouldn't get involved as long as Libby still had appeals left.
Doesn't Bush get upset when Congress tries to "micro-manage" the executive branch?
Oh yeah, that's different. And it's a holiday week, so you're not supposed to notice.
- Louisville Point Park Eagle? (6 replies)
- I'd vote for her (1 reply)
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (28 replies)
- a small but notable defeat for privatization (10 replies)
- Anger erupts at Republican town halls (8 replies)
- Epic troll (1 reply)
- White House blocks news organizations from press briefing (6 replies)
- The How & Why (1 reply)
- JCPenney to close up to 140 stores (1 reply)
- More signs of spring (1 reply)
- Thoughts on Trumpspeak (2 replies)
- City to exclude glass from curbside recycling (17 replies)
- Feb 27 2017 - 7:00pm (1 day 20 hours from now)
- Mar 4 2017 - 11:00am (6 days 12 hours from now)
- Mar 7 2017 - 7:00pm (1 week 2 days from now)