The Decider commuted the jail time part of the sentence. Poor Scooter will be on 2 years probation and have to pay the $250,000 fine (tough for a guy who has God knows how much $$ in his defense fund), but he serves nary a day.
This comes on the same day that an appeals court unanimously upheld the trial judge's decision that Libby could not stay out of jail pending appeal.
You know, I think I'd mind a pardon less. This is just plan micro-managing the judiciary. Not to mention that Bush has said before he wouldn't get involved as long as Libby still had appeals left.
Doesn't Bush get upset when Congress tries to "micro-manage" the executive branch?
Oh yeah, that's different. And it's a holiday week, so you're not supposed to notice.
- Jimmy Duncan has lost it and is no longer fit to serve (1 reply)
- It's A Tax, Stupid (and on stupid too) (12 replies)
- Self-driving trolley comes to Knoxville (3 replies)
- Arts without the NEA (3 replies)
- AP interview of Trump (4 replies)
- Tonight: Tom Perez/Bernie Sanders - Louisville, KY (36 replies)
- Knoxville SOUP (1 reply)
- Samantha Bee ... (1 reply)
- Trump's Cabinet (115 replies)
- Forget Mar-a-Lago. This is how you roll... (3 replies)
- "Narrow miss" the new low bar for Democrats (5 replies)
- Opening lyrics (9 replies)
- Apr 26 2017 - 12:00pm (5 hours 50 min from now)
- Apr 26 2017 - 6:30pm (12 hours 20 min from now)
- Apr 27 2017 - 6:00pm (1 day 11 hours from now)