My father and a business associate will be passing through Knoxville this evening and staying downtown (let's assume the Holiday Inn). He asked for a recommendation on a steak house or other nice place to eat.
Considering I have sworn off eating out until my two year old decides that restaurants don't mean race track (I'm thinking 7) and when I forget and take us out anyway it means Chick Filet, IHOP, or McDonald's, I don't feel qualified to make a recommendation on downtown.
I assume The Butcher Shop and Chesapeake's are still going strong. Are there any treasures out there for consideration? If there was one restaurant and one sight to see downtown for an out-of-towner, what would they be?
- No Credit? No Problem (23 replies)
- George Flinn for Senate? (4 replies)
- State finally admits its for-profit virtual academy is a flop (5 replies)
- Knoxville News Sentinel website makeover (10 replies)
- Jonathan Turley - "Get ready for an even bigger threat to Obamacare" (13 replies)
- Knoxville firefighters endorse Cheri Siler for State Senate (3 replies)
- Tennessee, an inauspicious place to raise children (1 reply)
- State of Tennessee facing Medicaid enrollment lawsuit (4 replies)
- Report: School board member/candidate Gloria Deathridge health issues (1 reply)
- Congress comes together to help the disabled save, tax-free (1 reply)
- Knox Co. should resolve Halls greenway project issues (25 replies)
- Jason Emert, Sleazy campaigner (10 replies)
- Jul 24 2014 - 6:00pm (16 hours 13 min from now)
- Jul 26 2014 - 9:00am (2 days 7 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 10:00am (5 days 8 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 5:30pm (5 days 15 hours from now)