My father and a business associate will be passing through Knoxville this evening and staying downtown (let's assume the Holiday Inn). He asked for a recommendation on a steak house or other nice place to eat.
Considering I have sworn off eating out until my two year old decides that restaurants don't mean race track (I'm thinking 7) and when I forget and take us out anyway it means Chick Filet, IHOP, or McDonald's, I don't feel qualified to make a recommendation on downtown.
I assume The Butcher Shop and Chesapeake's are still going strong. Are there any treasures out there for consideration? If there was one restaurant and one sight to see downtown for an out-of-towner, what would they be?
- McIntyre: Burchett remarks "appalling" and "ignorant" (70 replies)
- Gaza: it's about natural gas (6 replies)
- Nashville Charter Drama (12 replies)
- FBI investigating charter school waste, fraud and corruption (5 replies)
- ISIS (50 replies)
- Fear of black people voting (3 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (323 replies)
- Mayor Rogero supports Freedom to Marry (1 reply)
- The "newsroom of the future" without Chas Sisk (4 replies)
- Five Knox Co. schools named as "Reward Schools" for performance and progress (8 replies)
- Corporate profits (3 replies)
- Gov Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power (18 replies)
- Aug 23 2014 - 11:00am (4 hours 48 min ago)
- Aug 26 2014 - 6:00pm (3 days 2 hours from now)
- Aug 28 2014 - 6:00pm (5 days 2 hours from now)
- Sep 10 2014 - 7:00pm (2 weeks 4 days from now)