The Bush administration is studying ways to outsource two-thirds of the U.S. Forest Service, including all of its scientists and researchers. This sounds like a swell idea, like FEMA outsourcing evacuee transportation to a company with no buses, who sub-contacted it out to another company with no buses.
Maybe we should outsource all the forestry to the Saudis. They have a lot of forests, right? And we can outsource all the science to Liberty University. They can study the intelligent design of pine bores and woolly adelgids while Jerry Falwell prays for their extermination.
- Tennessee ranks in the bottom 10 of worst places to do business (7 replies)
- Next Stop (30 replies)
- Knox Co. Democratic Party convention March 28th (3 replies)
- KCS finance director leaving to join Emerald Youth Foundation (4 replies)
- Free market senior services? (5 replies)
- It's getting close to tax time (8 replies)
- Frank Cagle nails the Voucher Issue (31 replies)
- (Another) Bargain Hunter's Review: United Grocery Outlet (6 replies)
- Led Zeppelin update (5 replies)
- Headline fail (17 replies)
- RIP Leonard Nimoy (8 replies)
- Glenn Reynolds: Libertarian Fascist? (57 replies)