The Bush administration is studying ways to outsource two-thirds of the U.S. Forest Service, including all of its scientists and researchers. This sounds like a swell idea, like FEMA outsourcing evacuee transportation to a company with no buses, who sub-contacted it out to another company with no buses.
Maybe we should outsource all the forestry to the Saudis. They have a lot of forests, right? And we can outsource all the science to Liberty University. They can study the intelligent design of pine bores and woolly adelgids while Jerry Falwell prays for their extermination.
- TN Legislators obsessed with guns (26 replies)
- Cumberland Ave. project: There's an app for that (9 replies)
- Four Dead in Ohio (2 replies)
- Obama taking on overtime pay rules (2 replies)
- Alexander, Corker refile Tennessee Wilderness Act (22 replies)
- Greenway murder (13 replies)
- My secret Margarita Shrimp recipe (2 replies)
- Bernie is running (39 replies)
- Are they really students? (8 replies)
- A real good reason never to join AARP, or to quit if you have joined (9 replies)
- New MPC Executive Director Named (3 replies)
- RIP Guy Carawan (2 replies)