Just heard a U.S. commander being interviewed by Wolf Blitzer about a disturbing report from Iraq that suicide car bombers are using children as cover to get through checkpoints and then blowing up the cars with the children inside.
Apparently this is good news. Rear Adm. Mark Fox says this is proof that the surge is working, because the stepped up security at checkpoints in Baghdad is causing the insurgents to change their tactics.
Dear God, please help us all.
UPDATE: From the transcript:
BLITZER: What we've heard is that a couple of kids are in the back seat, the suicide bombers, they pull up. They then escape themselves, pull some trigger, some remote device, blow up the car, killing the kids. And from their perspective, killing other people nearby.
Is that what they are trying to do?
FOX: Well, it seems to me that what happened was, it was at a checkpoint -- you know, the effectiveness of the new checkpoints that the Iraqi security forces are using, I think this is evidence of that kind of working. They are changing the profile.
Typically you would expect a single person, a single male to be in a car that's going to -- you know, a car bomb. And so to put children in there is going to change their kind of profile.
But -- so it's a change in tactics.
- UT vs UF - it's on (12 replies)
- Ruby Tuesday selling Maryville headquarters (4 replies)
- Clinton supporter fear? (16 replies)
- Glenn Reynolds' twitter account suspended (19 replies)
- Clinton, Trump 2016 Presidential Debate - 9/26/2016, 9 PM (6 replies)
- Frank Cagle confused about houseboats (10 replies)
- Trump calls for business tax cuts to stimulate economy (14 replies)
- I called the Wells Fargo ethics line and was fired (2 replies)
- BURCHETT LOADING MPC WITH DEVELOPERS (2 replies)
- Technology breakthrough! (1 reply)
- Broadway near Henley closure planned for 2 1/2 years (4 replies)
- South Knox elected official public forum (3 replies)
- Sep 28 2016 - 12:00pm (3 days 10 hours from now)
- Sep 29 2016 - 5:00pm (4 days 15 hours from now)
- Sep 29 2016 - 6:00pm (4 days 16 hours from now)
- Oct 6 2016 - 6:00pm (1 week 4 days from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (2 weeks 2 days from now)