Just heard a U.S. commander being interviewed by Wolf Blitzer about a disturbing report from Iraq that suicide car bombers are using children as cover to get through checkpoints and then blowing up the cars with the children inside.
Apparently this is good news. Rear Adm. Mark Fox says this is proof that the surge is working, because the stepped up security at checkpoints in Baghdad is causing the insurgents to change their tactics.
Dear God, please help us all.
UPDATE: From the transcript:
BLITZER: What we've heard is that a couple of kids are in the back seat, the suicide bombers, they pull up. They then escape themselves, pull some trigger, some remote device, blow up the car, killing the kids. And from their perspective, killing other people nearby.
Is that what they are trying to do?
FOX: Well, it seems to me that what happened was, it was at a checkpoint -- you know, the effectiveness of the new checkpoints that the Iraqi security forces are using, I think this is evidence of that kind of working. They are changing the profile.
Typically you would expect a single person, a single male to be in a car that's going to -- you know, a car bomb. And so to put children in there is going to change their kind of profile.
But -- so it's a change in tactics.
- Walmart fired 2,200 to fix the plumbing (1 reply)
- Cumberland Ave. Redesign Detour/Closure (157 replies)
- What century is this again? (66 replies)
- N&W Class J No. 611 to Make Inaugural Run (2 replies)
- A word before you rush out to buy those plants.... (11 replies)
- "what gives liberals a bad name" (21 replies)
- Allergies are kicking my butt this spring (12 replies)
- DTV hosts Dr. Bob Kronick on the subject of community schools tonight. (5 replies)
- L.A. wants their school iPad money back (6 replies)
- Vertical farm can make 44,000 pounds of tomatoes on the side of a parking lot (7 replies)
- Last ditch appeal to resurrect Insure Tennessee Medicaid expansion (5 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (27 replies)