Meanwhile, 49 candidates filed to run for County Commission. Out of the 49, there are six Democrats running in the primary. County Commission currently has only one incumbent Democrat.
According to the article, the Blount County Clerk, Highway Superintendent, Register of Deeds, and Trustee are all running unopposed.
One lucky Republican will apparently sail right through the County Commission primary and general elections unopposed. He was the only candidate to file for a seat being vacated by the incumbent, who decided not to run. So, these days you can get a seat on County Commission just by filling out a form. America -- what a country!
Remarkably, it appears there is competition in our district, and we will have R and D choices in the general election for both County Commission and County Mayor.
- Haslam's legacy (18 replies)
- Boy Scout president calls for end to ban on gay leaders (2 replies)
- Haven't bragged about the SIL lately (3 replies)
- State and federal complaints filed against Knoxville charity (18 replies)
- Politically connected defendant will plead guilty to a lesser charge (9 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (38 replies)
- Takata Air Bag Recall grows (5 replies)
- TN senators question TVA on renewable energy (8 replies)
- James White Parkway (4 replies)
- America's fittest cities ... (2 replies)
- UT dropping "Lady" from "Lady Vols" (68 replies)
- Knox County Schools balanced calendar survey controversy (45 replies)
- May 22 2015 - 6:00pm (13 hours 31 min from now)
- May 22 2015 - 7:30pm (15 hours 1 min from now)
- May 26 2015 - 5:30pm (4 days 13 hours from now)
- May 27 2015 - 5:30pm (5 days 13 hours from now)