Meanwhile, 49 candidates filed to run for County Commission. Out of the 49, there are six Democrats running in the primary. County Commission currently has only one incumbent Democrat.
According to the article, the Blount County Clerk, Highway Superintendent, Register of Deeds, and Trustee are all running unopposed.
One lucky Republican will apparently sail right through the County Commission primary and general elections unopposed. He was the only candidate to file for a seat being vacated by the incumbent, who decided not to run. So, these days you can get a seat on County Commission just by filling out a form. America -- what a country!
Remarkably, it appears there is competition in our district, and we will have R and D choices in the general election for both County Commission and County Mayor.
- Trump uniting the GOP? (8 replies)
- Help a deserving Fulton High student go to Australia (2 replies)
- Payday lenders racking up in Tennessee (3 replies)
- A Record for False Statements in KNS reply (3 replies)
- Air bag recall expanded to millions more cars (6 replies)
- Mayor Burchett goes off on Gov. Haslam re. mental health treatment funding (15 replies)
- Sanders wins Oregon, splits Kentucky with Clinton (3 replies)
- UAW endorses Hillary Clinton (1 reply)
- Switzerland's Gotthard Train Tunnel Will Be World's Longest, Deepest (4 replies)
- Vacation snapshots (4 replies)
- Some South Knoxville businesses forced to move as rent increases (8 replies)
- Tennessee's new prison stops taking inmates (1 reply)