Meanwhile, 49 candidates filed to run for County Commission. Out of the 49, there are six Democrats running in the primary. County Commission currently has only one incumbent Democrat.
According to the article, the Blount County Clerk, Highway Superintendent, Register of Deeds, and Trustee are all running unopposed.
One lucky Republican will apparently sail right through the County Commission primary and general elections unopposed. He was the only candidate to file for a seat being vacated by the incumbent, who decided not to run. So, these days you can get a seat on County Commission just by filling out a form. America -- what a country!
Remarkably, it appears there is competition in our district, and we will have R and D choices in the general election for both County Commission and County Mayor.
- Clinton picks Kaine (5 replies)
- WikiLeaks releases 20K DNC e-mails. (3 replies)
- Who will Clinton pick as VP? (38 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (364 replies)
- Mark Harmon: Thanks, Obama. No, really, thanks (5 replies)
- Hotter than a $2 pistol (7 replies)
- While waiting for November, don't forget there are local elections going on (6 replies)
- How car-sharing is already helping cities with their transit issues (1 reply)
- South Waterfront update (14 replies)
- Mayor Rogero and Chief Rausch Declare War on Gang Members (1 reply)
- Ailes out at Fox News (4 replies)
- Time running out for free Windows 10 upgrade (11 replies)
- Jul 27 2016 - 12:00pm (3 days 20 hours from now)
- Jul 28 2016 - 3:00pm (4 days 23 hours from now)