Meanwhile, 49 candidates filed to run for County Commission. Out of the 49, there are six Democrats running in the primary. County Commission currently has only one incumbent Democrat.
According to the article, the Blount County Clerk, Highway Superintendent, Register of Deeds, and Trustee are all running unopposed.
One lucky Republican will apparently sail right through the County Commission primary and general elections unopposed. He was the only candidate to file for a seat being vacated by the incumbent, who decided not to run. So, these days you can get a seat on County Commission just by filling out a form. America -- what a country!
Remarkably, it appears there is competition in our district, and we will have R and D choices in the general election for both County Commission and County Mayor.
- Latest chapter of the Pilot saga (10 replies)
- Peak Republican indeed (3 replies)
- GOP primary dials crazy up to 11 (4 replies)
- Haslam allows guns on college campuses (4 replies)
- Cruz drops out (1 reply)
- Pope's Garden Center is closing (20 replies)
- Clinton, Trump rack up big wins in New England states (18 replies)
- What's next for Obama? (4 replies)
- Dogwood Arts & Crafts Fair - Market Square - April 29 - May 1, 2016 (1 reply)
- Quote of the Day (4 replies)
- Conversations (1 reply)
- Haslam signs bill allowing religious discrimination (20 replies)