Meanwhile, 49 candidates filed to run for County Commission. Out of the 49, there are six Democrats running in the primary. County Commission currently has only one incumbent Democrat.
According to the article, the Blount County Clerk, Highway Superintendent, Register of Deeds, and Trustee are all running unopposed.
One lucky Republican will apparently sail right through the County Commission primary and general elections unopposed. He was the only candidate to file for a seat being vacated by the incumbent, who decided not to run. So, these days you can get a seat on County Commission just by filling out a form. America -- what a country!
Remarkably, it appears there is competition in our district, and we will have R and D choices in the general election for both County Commission and County Mayor.
- Knoxville.com reviews Sassy Ann's (12 replies)
- Throwback Thursday: October, 2009 (2 replies)
- PAC Money spent to fight Gloria Johnson (1 reply)
- ISIS (144 replies)
- Biting the hand for good cause (1 reply)
- The Best #Democracy Money Can Buy? (16 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (85 replies)
- Ballot order (17 replies)
- No-Show Smith finally shows up – But guess where? (43 replies)
- Chickamauga Lock closed for repairs, Knoxville barge traffic cut off (10 replies)
- John Stewart: Amendment 3 would bring higher sales, food, business taxes (4 replies)
- International Baccalaureate (22 replies)
- Oct 30 2014 - 7:00pm (1 min 35 sec from now)
- Nov 2 2014 - 3:00pm (2 days 21 hours from now)