Open Source with Christopher Lydon, a nationally syndicated public radio show out of Cambridge Massachusetts, had an in-depth look at the Tennessee Senate race last night.
The panelists were KNS political columnist Tom Humphrey, political patriarch John Jay Hooker, blogger Rob Huddleston, and yours truly. It was fascinating listening to Tom and John Jay Hooker, two walking, talking encyclopedias of Tennessee history and politics. I managed to get a word in edgewise here and there.
You can listen here.
(R. Neal at 25:50, 41:10, 48:20. Don't miss the amazing John Jay Hooker soliloquy at 46:10. He's mad at the whole process and everybody involved in it, and it's hard to argue with his reasoning. But it is what it is and here we are.)
- David Letterman signs off (1 reply)
- Good guys just stand out (1 reply)
- Mark Harmon on American Exceptionalism (3 replies)
- DTV Features Honor Air Knoxville and Eddie Mannis (1 reply)
- Haslam's legacy (18 replies)
- Boy Scout president calls for end to ban on gay leaders (2 replies)
- Haven't bragged about the SIL lately (3 replies)
- State and federal complaints filed against Knoxville charity (18 replies)
- Politically connected defendant will plead guilty to a lesser charge (9 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (38 replies)
- Takata Air Bag Recall grows (5 replies)
- TN senators question TVA on renewable energy (8 replies)
- May 22 2015 - 6:00pm (4 hours 15 min from now)
- May 22 2015 - 7:30pm (5 hours 45 min from now)
- May 26 2015 - 5:30pm (4 days 3 hours from now)
- May 27 2015 - 5:30pm (5 days 3 hours from now)