Open Source with Christopher Lydon, a nationally syndicated public radio show out of Cambridge Massachusetts, had an in-depth look at the Tennessee Senate race last night.
The panelists were KNS political columnist Tom Humphrey, political patriarch John Jay Hooker, blogger Rob Huddleston, and yours truly. It was fascinating listening to Tom and John Jay Hooker, two walking, talking encyclopedias of Tennessee history and politics. I managed to get a word in edgewise here and there.
You can listen here.
(R. Neal at 25:50, 41:10, 48:20. Don't miss the amazing John Jay Hooker soliloquy at 46:10. He's mad at the whole process and everybody involved in it, and it's hard to argue with his reasoning. But it is what it is and here we are.)
- Blue Cross to raise rates by 62% for individual policies (28 replies)
- Rolling Stone: Hillary's New Deal (5 replies)
- Mass shooting in Orlando (16 replies)
- Knox Co. breaks ground on new all-inclusive playground (1 reply)
- Walmart's Out-of-Control Crime Problem is Driving Police Crazy (9 replies)
- K-Mart N. Broadway gone (20 replies)
- Local Motors to produce Olli self-driving vehicle in Knoxville (10 replies)
- Union Ave, Ice Cream, and soup? (48 replies)
- UT students are back! (14 replies)
- Thanks for the memories! (1 reply)
- Free speech proves costly (4 replies)
- Hillary Clinton campaign office to open in Knox County (11 replies)
- Aug 27 2016 - 2:00pm (1 day 11 hours from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (6 weeks 4 days from now)