Open Source with Christopher Lydon, a nationally syndicated public radio show out of Cambridge Massachusetts, had an in-depth look at the Tennessee Senate race last night.
The panelists were KNS political columnist Tom Humphrey, political patriarch John Jay Hooker, blogger Rob Huddleston, and yours truly. It was fascinating listening to Tom and John Jay Hooker, two walking, talking encyclopedias of Tennessee history and politics. I managed to get a word in edgewise here and there.
You can listen here.
(R. Neal at 25:50, 41:10, 48:20. Don't miss the amazing John Jay Hooker soliloquy at 46:10. He's mad at the whole process and everybody involved in it, and it's hard to argue with his reasoning. But it is what it is and here we are.)
- BREAKING: Metro Pulse shutting down, staff fired, other layoffs at KNS (300 replies)
- What's at stake with Amendment One (12 replies)
- A Great Response to a False and Deceptive Ad (16 replies)
- Literary artists in the house! Homes given to writers for free in Detroit (2 replies)
- Here's a fun way to explain our State Senate Race (7 replies)
- Town Hall Forum (1 reply)
- International Baccalaureate (8 replies)
- ISIS+ (10 replies)
- We're calling a personal foul on Gloria Johnson's opponent (18 replies)
- Burlington is back (10 replies)
- Blackwater guards found guilty in Iraq shootings (8 replies)
- No-Show Smith finally shows up – But guess where? (16 replies)
- Oct 28 2014 - 5:30pm (4 days 2 hours from now)
- Oct 28 2014 - 6:00pm (4 days 3 hours from now)
- Oct 30 2014 - 7:00pm (6 days 4 hours from now)