First woman to win the pole position, first woman to lead laps during a Daytona 500, first woman to finish in the top 10.
Congratulations to Danica Patrick.
She was in third place going into the final lap, having stayed out of trouble for the entire race. I wish she had been more aggressive at the end, but maybe her team thought third place would be good enough. Next time she should just go for it. Regardless, she was still in it to win it at the end, and that's something
On a side note, NASCAR races are like NBA games.
In the NBA, you can put 100 points on the scoreboard for each team and two minutes on the clock and see what happens.
In NASCAR, you could set it to two laps to go, call a yellow flag restart, and see what happens. (Attrition from wrecks and engine blowouts during the game notwithstanding.)
Looks like there's no actual racing in NASCAR any more until the final laps.
- Clinton, Trump rack up big wins in New England states (16 replies)
- What's next for Obama? (4 replies)
- Latest chapter of the Pilot saga (9 replies)
- Pope's Garden Center is closing (18 replies)
- Dogwood Arts & Crafts Fair - Market Square - April 29 - May 1, 2016 (1 reply)
- Quote of the Day (4 replies)
- Conversations (1 reply)
- Haslam signs bill allowing religious discrimination (20 replies)
- Mayor Rogero announces $302.68 million budget, no tax increases (6 replies)
- Chobani CEO Giving Employees an Ownership Stake in Yogurt Empire (1 reply)
- KCS cancels all TCAP/TN Ready tests not already underway (4 replies)
- McIntyre to helm UT education leadership center (8 replies)