First woman to win the pole position, first woman to lead laps during a Daytona 500, first woman to finish in the top 10.
Congratulations to Danica Patrick.
She was in third place going into the final lap, having stayed out of trouble for the entire race. I wish she had been more aggressive at the end, but maybe her team thought third place would be good enough. Next time she should just go for it. Regardless, she was still in it to win it at the end, and that's something
On a side note, NASCAR races are like NBA games.
In the NBA, you can put 100 points on the scoreboard for each team and two minutes on the clock and see what happens.
In NASCAR, you could set it to two laps to go, call a yellow flag restart, and see what happens. (Attrition from wrecks and engine blowouts during the game notwithstanding.)
Looks like there's no actual racing in NASCAR any more until the final laps.
- World's Fair Park development? (23 replies)
- You know you're getting old... (11 replies)
- Hollywood Stories (1 reply)
- Knox County educators to host roundtable discussion on teacher pay schedules (11 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (261 replies)
- County Commissioner Brad Anders disciplined in police brutality case (166 replies)
- Pilot indictment watch (97 replies)
- Weber grills keep on grillin' (1 reply)
- Spending good money for a really bad website (1 reply)
- Waiting for the Fed (1 reply)
- Tennessee and Fiat (3 replies)
- How bad is the job market in Tennessee? (8 replies)