HB118 "guns in trunks" was approved in the House Civil Justice Committee on a voice vote. Rep. Sherry Jones (D-Nashville) and Rep. Mike Stewart (D-Nashville) requested that their votes be recorded as "no."
The bill now heads to the full House for a vote where it will no doubt pass. It has already passed in the Senate, so it could be on the Governor's desk in a matter of days.
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (58 replies)
- Women's Suffrage Monument Unveiled in Nashville (5 replies)
- Who will be Tennessee's next governor? (9 replies)
- 2016 election could be decided by 20 counties (1 reply)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (369 replies)
- "It's a sad day for our city" - Maryville, Alcoa, Blount County (4 replies)
- Obamacare accountable care programs rang up $466 million in Medicare savings last year (2 replies)
- Blue Cross to raise rates by 62% for individual policies (37 replies)
- Rolling Stone: Hillary's New Deal (7 replies)
- Cheat sheet on why to vote for the Democratic candidate (1 reply)
- Mass shooting in Orlando (17 replies)
- Knox Co. breaks ground on new all-inclusive playground (1 reply)