It sounds like adults trying to calmly explain to little children why they aren't allowed to play in traffic.
Noted judicial scholar and Noon Rotary Club member Beavers says that all the lawyers are wrong and that the Supreme Court is not the final arbiter of what is constitutional and what isn't. They have set themselves up as "dictators," she says.
June Griffin was there in support of Sen. Beavers (R-NRA) and her bill. Make of that what you will.
Seriously, this is how the GOP Supermajority intends to spend their time legislating? What's next, fluoridation? Oh, wait.
- Report: School board member/candidate Gloria Deathridge health issues (16 replies)
- State finally admits its for-profit virtual academy is a flop (8 replies)
- Knoxville News Sentinel website makeover (15 replies)
- Lloyd Daugherty's statement regarding Supreme Court Chief Justice Gary Wade (12 replies)
- Sens. Bell and Kelsey ask AG to sue Obama (5 replies)
- Knox Co. should resolve Halls greenway project issues (37 replies)
- No Credit? No Problem (26 replies)
- ISIS (36 replies)
- George Flinn for Senate? (5 replies)
- Jonathan Turley - "Get ready for an even bigger threat to Obamacare" (13 replies)
- Knoxville firefighters endorse Cheri Siler for State Senate (3 replies)
- Tennessee, an inauspicious place to raise children (1 reply)