SB1153 by Sen. Jim Tracy (R-Shelbyville) enacts the "Partnership for Public Facilities and Infrastructure Act." The House bill is HB0883 sponsored by Rep. Ryan Williams (R-Cookeville).
This bill would establish a mechanism for private entities to propose, finance, build and operate public infrastructure projects such as government buildings, schools and highways, and to collect payments and fees from users or the government in return.
Similar legislation with nearly identical language was recently passed in Texas. The bills appear to be based on Virginia's program which was passed in 2002. The Federal Highway Administration, the National Conference of State Legislatures and several large consulting firms are promoting this as a way to leverage limited state funds. According to the NCSL, 29 states have similar programs for transportation projects.
- Butt probe (8 replies)
- Let's get ready to rumble! (17 replies)
- BCBS Pulling Out of TN Metros (13 replies)
- UT vs UF - it's on (15 replies)
- The millennial vote? (8 replies)
- I called the Wells Fargo ethics line and was fired (3 replies)
- Trump Health Plan Would Raise Costs, Clinton's Would Insure More (1 reply)
- Trump calls for business tax cuts to stimulate economy (28 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (62 replies)
- Ruby Tuesday selling Maryville headquarters (5 replies)
- Clinton, Trump 2016 Presidential Debate - 9/26/2016, 9 PM (8 replies)
- Clinton supporter fear? (16 replies)
- Sep 28 2016 - 12:00pm (20 hours 59 min from now)
- Sep 29 2016 - 5:00pm (2 days 1 hour from now)
- Sep 29 2016 - 6:00pm (2 days 2 hours from now)
- Oct 6 2016 - 6:00pm (1 week 2 days from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (1 week 6 days from now)