SB1153 by Sen. Jim Tracy (R-Shelbyville) enacts the "Partnership for Public Facilities and Infrastructure Act." The House bill is HB0883 sponsored by Rep. Ryan Williams (R-Cookeville).
This bill would establish a mechanism for private entities to propose, finance, build and operate public infrastructure projects such as government buildings, schools and highways, and to collect payments and fees from users or the government in return.
Similar legislation with nearly identical language was recently passed in Texas. The bills appear to be based on Virginia's program which was passed in 2002. The Federal Highway Administration, the National Conference of State Legislatures and several large consulting firms are promoting this as a way to leverage limited state funds. According to the NCSL, 29 states have similar programs for transportation projects.
- MPC public meeting on Bearden Mixed Use District zoning proposal (2 replies)
- DNC Convention thread - Thursday edition (10 replies)
- DNC Convention thread - Tuesday edition (39 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (365 replies)
- DNC Convention thread - Wednesday edition (14 replies)
- Trump calls on Russia to conduct espionage aganst the United States (8 replies)
- Cumberland Avenue is a mess (15 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (50 replies)
- It's official... (5 replies)
- Musicians who don't like Trump and don't appreciate him using their music (6 replies)
- DNC Convention thread - Monday edition (25 replies)
- After 87 years, Pease Furniture closing (2 replies)