TDOT officials met with Knoxville Mayor Madeline Rogero and Knox Co. Mayor Tim Burchett to update them on the status of the Henley (Street) Bridge project. During the meeting, TDOT Commissioner John Schroer said that the bridge is not scheduled to reopen to traffic until Feb. 28, 2014.
Mayor Rogero's office released the following statement:
"I am extremely disappointed that the Henley Bridge opening will be delayed, and I continue to be very concerned about the impact on Chapman Highway businesses and South Knoxville residents," Mayor Rogero said. "I appreciate Commissioner Schroer's meeting with me and Mayor Burchett to explain why this delay is necessary."
Mayor Rogero and other City officials will remain in close contact with Commissioner Schroer for the duration of the project. The City will also continue to maintain its South Knox Is Open website, at www.southknoxisopen.com, to encourage support for businesses affected by the bridge closing.
- Sen. Alexander, you should be ashamed (19 replies)
- Infrastructure grades (5 replies)
- Welcome, Andi! (1 reply)
- Dark money comes to school board races. The source? Charter school advocates (1 reply)
- Trump calls for business tax cuts to stimulate economy (31 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (63 replies)
- Alcoa Hwy closed this morning UT Hospital northbound (4 replies)
- The millennial vote? (12 replies)
- Let's get ready to rumble! (22 replies)
- BCBS Pulling Out of TN Metros (19 replies)
- Toxic air pollution nanoparticles discovered in the human brain (1 reply)
- Butt probe (8 replies)
- Oct 6 2016 - 6:00pm (5 days 15 hours from now)
- Oct 7 2016 - 6:00pm (6 days 15 hours from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (1 week 3 days from now)
- Oct 16 2016 - 7:00pm (2 weeks 1 day from now)