TDOT officials met with Knoxville Mayor Madeline Rogero and Knox Co. Mayor Tim Burchett to update them on the status of the Henley (Street) Bridge project. During the meeting, TDOT Commissioner John Schroer said that the bridge is not scheduled to reopen to traffic until Feb. 28, 2014.
Mayor Rogero's office released the following statement:
"I am extremely disappointed that the Henley Bridge opening will be delayed, and I continue to be very concerned about the impact on Chapman Highway businesses and South Knoxville residents," Mayor Rogero said. "I appreciate Commissioner Schroer's meeting with me and Mayor Burchett to explain why this delay is necessary."
Mayor Rogero and other City officials will remain in close contact with Commissioner Schroer for the duration of the project. The City will also continue to maintain its South Knox Is Open website, at www.southknoxisopen.com, to encourage support for businesses affected by the bridge closing.
- UT dropping "Lady" from "Lady Vols" (52 replies)
- Local Presbyterian church in turmoil over same-sex marriage (11 replies)
- UT discontinues Lady Vols Hall of Fame (8 replies)
- FYI: Don't buy a teenage boy a sports car (44 replies)
- BlueCross premium hike (16 replies)
- Companies accuse Haslam of leading Pilot Flying J fraud (6 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (73 replies)
- VW sets new "Community Organization Engagement" policy at Chattanooga Plant (23 replies)
- RIP Mike Nichols (3 replies)
- Snow pics from Buffalo (6 replies)
- Haslam named chair of Republican Governors Association, nobody else wanted it (1 reply)
- Geek tip: Trick out your Android keyboard (1 reply)