TDOT officials met with Knoxville Mayor Madeline Rogero and Knox Co. Mayor Tim Burchett to update them on the status of the Henley (Street) Bridge project. During the meeting, TDOT Commissioner John Schroer said that the bridge is not scheduled to reopen to traffic until Feb. 28, 2014.
Mayor Rogero's office released the following statement:
"I am extremely disappointed that the Henley Bridge opening will be delayed, and I continue to be very concerned about the impact on Chapman Highway businesses and South Knoxville residents," Mayor Rogero said. "I appreciate Commissioner Schroer's meeting with me and Mayor Burchett to explain why this delay is necessary."
Mayor Rogero and other City officials will remain in close contact with Commissioner Schroer for the duration of the project. The City will also continue to maintain its South Knox Is Open website, at www.southknoxisopen.com, to encourage support for businesses affected by the bridge closing.
- Senior discount 'retiring' (1 reply)
- Oh, good grief. (1 reply)
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (31 replies)
- I'd vote for her (4 replies)
- Sean Spicer recently checked his aides' cell phones (1 reply)
- Buoyed By Anti-Trump Activism, Democrat Wins Delaware Special Election (1 reply)
- Former Nashville Mayor Karl Dean to run for governor of Tennessee (1 reply)
- Duncan-Massey fundraiser raises eyebrows (33 replies)
- Traffic deaths expected to have hit troubling milestone (3 replies)
- JCPenney to close up to 140 stores (2 replies)
- Louisville Point Park Eagle? (6 replies)
- a small but notable defeat for privatization (10 replies)
- Mar 4 2017 - 11:00am (4 days 1 hour from now)
- Mar 7 2017 - 7:00pm (1 week 9 hours from now)
- Mar 14 2017 - 7:30pm (2 weeks 8 hours from now)