TDOT officials met with Knoxville Mayor Madeline Rogero and Knox Co. Mayor Tim Burchett to update them on the status of the Henley (Street) Bridge project. During the meeting, TDOT Commissioner John Schroer said that the bridge is not scheduled to reopen to traffic until Feb. 28, 2014.
Mayor Rogero's office released the following statement:
"I am extremely disappointed that the Henley Bridge opening will be delayed, and I continue to be very concerned about the impact on Chapman Highway businesses and South Knoxville residents," Mayor Rogero said. "I appreciate Commissioner Schroer's meeting with me and Mayor Burchett to explain why this delay is necessary."
Mayor Rogero and other City officials will remain in close contact with Commissioner Schroer for the duration of the project. The City will also continue to maintain its South Knox Is Open website, at www.southknoxisopen.com, to encourage support for businesses affected by the bridge closing.
- Report: School board member/candidate Gloria Deathridge health issues (5 replies)
- Knoxville News Sentinel website makeover (11 replies)
- Sens. Bell and Kelsey ask AG to sue Obama (4 replies)
- Knox Co. should resolve Halls greenway project issues (36 replies)
- Lloyd Daugherty's statement regarding Supreme Court Chief Justice Gary Wade (10 replies)
- No Credit? No Problem (26 replies)
- ISIS (36 replies)
- George Flinn for Senate? (5 replies)
- State finally admits its for-profit virtual academy is a flop (5 replies)
- Jonathan Turley - "Get ready for an even bigger threat to Obamacare" (13 replies)
- Knoxville firefighters endorse Cheri Siler for State Senate (3 replies)
- Tennessee, an inauspicious place to raise children (1 reply)
- Jul 24 2014 - 6:00pm (4 hours 8 min from now)
- Jul 26 2014 - 9:00am (1 day 19 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 10:00am (4 days 20 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 5:30pm (5 days 3 hours from now)