TDOT officials met with Knoxville Mayor Madeline Rogero and Knox Co. Mayor Tim Burchett to update them on the status of the Henley (Street) Bridge project. During the meeting, TDOT Commissioner John Schroer said that the bridge is not scheduled to reopen to traffic until Feb. 28, 2014.
Mayor Rogero's office released the following statement:
"I am extremely disappointed that the Henley Bridge opening will be delayed, and I continue to be very concerned about the impact on Chapman Highway businesses and South Knoxville residents," Mayor Rogero said. "I appreciate Commissioner Schroer's meeting with me and Mayor Burchett to explain why this delay is necessary."
Mayor Rogero and other City officials will remain in close contact with Commissioner Schroer for the duration of the project. The City will also continue to maintain its South Knox Is Open website, at www.southknoxisopen.com, to encourage support for businesses affected by the bridge closing.
- Haslam kicks off campaign at Knoxville News Sentinel headquarters (6 replies)
- ORNL was fixin' to learn y'all how to talk better (10 replies)
- Adams and Ball spar at Bolivar candidate forum (13 replies)
- Truthful comparison of Democratic contributions is not Negative (11 replies)
- Emerald Academy principal named (8 replies)
- Ball fails to file timely campaign finance disclosure (7 replies)
- Heartless Haslam's ridiculous letter to Obama embarrasses Tennessee (1 reply)
- Open letter to spammers (9 replies)
- Report: School board member/candidate Gloria Deathridge health issues (27 replies)
- Auto parts manufacturer adding 1,000 jobs in Clinton (8 replies)
- TN House 18: Martin Daniel responds to Rep. Steve Hall attack (1 reply)
- Gloria Johnson hosting JOBS4TN HD13 Job Fair (1 reply)