TDOT officials met with Knoxville Mayor Madeline Rogero and Knox Co. Mayor Tim Burchett to update them on the status of the Henley (Street) Bridge project. During the meeting, TDOT Commissioner John Schroer said that the bridge is not scheduled to reopen to traffic until Feb. 28, 2014.
Mayor Rogero's office released the following statement:
"I am extremely disappointed that the Henley Bridge opening will be delayed, and I continue to be very concerned about the impact on Chapman Highway businesses and South Knoxville residents," Mayor Rogero said. "I appreciate Commissioner Schroer's meeting with me and Mayor Burchett to explain why this delay is necessary."
Mayor Rogero and other City officials will remain in close contact with Commissioner Schroer for the duration of the project. The City will also continue to maintain its South Knox Is Open website, at www.southknoxisopen.com, to encourage support for businesses affected by the bridge closing.
- Knoxville.com reviews Sassy Ann's (12 replies)
- Throwback Thursday: October, 2009 (2 replies)
- PAC Money spent to fight Gloria Johnson (1 reply)
- ISIS (144 replies)
- Biting the hand for good cause (1 reply)
- The Best #Democracy Money Can Buy? (16 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (85 replies)
- Ballot order (17 replies)
- No-Show Smith finally shows up – But guess where? (43 replies)
- Chickamauga Lock closed for repairs, Knoxville barge traffic cut off (10 replies)
- John Stewart: Amendment 3 would bring higher sales, food, business taxes (4 replies)
- International Baccalaureate (22 replies)
- Oct 30 2014 - 7:00pm (3 sec from now)
- Nov 2 2014 - 3:00pm (2 days 21 hours from now)