TDOT officials met with Knoxville Mayor Madeline Rogero and Knox Co. Mayor Tim Burchett to update them on the status of the Henley (Street) Bridge project. During the meeting, TDOT Commissioner John Schroer said that the bridge is not scheduled to reopen to traffic until Feb. 28, 2014.
Mayor Rogero's office released the following statement:
"I am extremely disappointed that the Henley Bridge opening will be delayed, and I continue to be very concerned about the impact on Chapman Highway businesses and South Knoxville residents," Mayor Rogero said. "I appreciate Commissioner Schroer's meeting with me and Mayor Burchett to explain why this delay is necessary."
Mayor Rogero and other City officials will remain in close contact with Commissioner Schroer for the duration of the project. The City will also continue to maintain its South Knox Is Open website, at www.southknoxisopen.com, to encourage support for businesses affected by the bridge closing.
- Obama wants community college to be free (67 replies)
- KNS Friday liberal column changeup (5 replies)
- Josh Flory leaving KNS (9 replies)
- Bonnaroo lineup announced (27 replies)
- Rape trial for former Vandy football players (20 replies)
- Build A Better Mousetrap (or just do the job better) (2 replies)
- Knoxville City Sign Ordinance (11 replies)
- Geek stuff: HTPC experiment (17 replies)
- It's getting close to tax time (4 replies)
- 2015 State of The Union Watch Party TONITE! (22 replies)
- Seattle has first LED lit baseball field (1 reply)
- Tennessee's wealthiest people (28 replies)
- Jan 27 2015 - 5:30pm (2 days 8 hours from now)
- Jan 27 2015 - 6:00pm (2 days 8 hours from now)
- Jan 27 2015 - 6:15pm (2 days 8 hours from now)
- Feb 5 2015 - 6:00pm (1 week 4 days from now)
- Feb 7 2015 - 4:00pm (1 week 6 days from now)