TDOT officials met with Knoxville Mayor Madeline Rogero and Knox Co. Mayor Tim Burchett to update them on the status of the Henley (Street) Bridge project. During the meeting, TDOT Commissioner John Schroer said that the bridge is not scheduled to reopen to traffic until Feb. 28, 2014.
Mayor Rogero's office released the following statement:
"I am extremely disappointed that the Henley Bridge opening will be delayed, and I continue to be very concerned about the impact on Chapman Highway businesses and South Knoxville residents," Mayor Rogero said. "I appreciate Commissioner Schroer's meeting with me and Mayor Burchett to explain why this delay is necessary."
Mayor Rogero and other City officials will remain in close contact with Commissioner Schroer for the duration of the project. The City will also continue to maintain its South Knox Is Open website, at www.southknoxisopen.com, to encourage support for businesses affected by the bridge closing.
- Arnett comes out of hiding (24 replies)
- Proposed ozone rules grab East Tennessee mayors' attention (1 reply)
- Blue Hair for Bernie - Canceled (1 reply)
- Marines to volunteer armed guards: Thanks but no thanks (6 replies)
- Foster Arnett Parking Space + News Sentinel Removed Story (44 replies)
- City Council at Large Race Seat C (8 replies)
- Trump: John McCain is no war hero, plus he's a loser (20 replies)
- Eastbound Cumberland Ave. to close for six weeks (1 reply)
- Learn About Solar Energy This Saturday! (2 replies)
- Support the Sign Ordinance Revision (9 replies)
- “Painting with a Twist” opens in Downtown Knoxville (1 reply)
- Meeting on Old South High (10 replies)
- Jul 29 2015 - 12:00pm (1 day 34 min from now)
- Jul 29 2015 - 6:00pm (1 day 6 hours from now)
- Aug 7 2015 - 7:00pm (1 week 3 days from now)
- Sep 11 2015 - 6:30pm (6 weeks 3 days from now)