TDOT officials met with Knoxville Mayor Madeline Rogero and Knox Co. Mayor Tim Burchett to update them on the status of the Henley (Street) Bridge project. During the meeting, TDOT Commissioner John Schroer said that the bridge is not scheduled to reopen to traffic until Feb. 28, 2014.
Mayor Rogero's office released the following statement:
"I am extremely disappointed that the Henley Bridge opening will be delayed, and I continue to be very concerned about the impact on Chapman Highway businesses and South Knoxville residents," Mayor Rogero said. "I appreciate Commissioner Schroer's meeting with me and Mayor Burchett to explain why this delay is necessary."
Mayor Rogero and other City officials will remain in close contact with Commissioner Schroer for the duration of the project. The City will also continue to maintain its South Knox Is Open website, at www.southknoxisopen.com, to encourage support for businesses affected by the bridge closing.
- UT & downtown parking costs to increase starting Friday (16 replies)
- Chattanooga multi-use parking garage (9 replies)
- Tennessee Medicaid expansion task force plan: DOA? (2 replies)
- Trump's gonna win (28 replies)
- UK votes to leave EU, PM Cameron resigns (22 replies)
- TIDAL wave? (9 replies)
- Clinton: Silicon Valley frat bros need our help! (1 reply)
- Time running out for free Windows 10 upgrade (9 replies)
- streetcar map (4 replies)
- RIP Pat Summitt (19 replies)
- Volunteer sunflower (1 reply)
- Supreme Court strikes down Texas abortion restrictions (7 replies)