TDOT officials met with Knoxville Mayor Madeline Rogero and Knox Co. Mayor Tim Burchett to update them on the status of the Henley (Street) Bridge project. During the meeting, TDOT Commissioner John Schroer said that the bridge is not scheduled to reopen to traffic until Feb. 28, 2014.
Mayor Rogero's office released the following statement:
"I am extremely disappointed that the Henley Bridge opening will be delayed, and I continue to be very concerned about the impact on Chapman Highway businesses and South Knoxville residents," Mayor Rogero said. "I appreciate Commissioner Schroer's meeting with me and Mayor Burchett to explain why this delay is necessary."
Mayor Rogero and other City officials will remain in close contact with Commissioner Schroer for the duration of the project. The City will also continue to maintain its South Knox Is Open website, at www.southknoxisopen.com, to encourage support for businesses affected by the bridge closing.
- DNC Convention thread - Monday edition (8 replies)
- Cumberland Avenue is a mess (9 replies)
- Sanders addresses supporters in Philadelphia (5 replies)
- Think twice about routine dental x-rays (2 replies)
- Debbie Wasserman Shultz removed from convention chair post (82 replies)
- SoKno: Rivers Edge Apartment Homes (2 replies)
- Time running out for free Windows 10 upgrade (12 replies)
- Musicians who don't like Trump and don't appreciate him using their music (5 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (49 replies)
- Clinton picks Kaine (12 replies)
- Bernie's Statement to His Supporters on His Endorsement of Hillary (13 replies)
- Analysts say Trump's economic plan would be a disaster (1 reply)
- Jul 27 2016 - 12:00pm (1 day 13 hours from now)
- Jul 28 2016 - 3:00pm (2 days 16 hours from now)