TDOT officials met with Knoxville Mayor Madeline Rogero and Knox Co. Mayor Tim Burchett to update them on the status of the Henley (Street) Bridge project. During the meeting, TDOT Commissioner John Schroer said that the bridge is not scheduled to reopen to traffic until Feb. 28, 2014.
Mayor Rogero's office released the following statement:
"I am extremely disappointed that the Henley Bridge opening will be delayed, and I continue to be very concerned about the impact on Chapman Highway businesses and South Knoxville residents," Mayor Rogero said. "I appreciate Commissioner Schroer's meeting with me and Mayor Burchett to explain why this delay is necessary."
Mayor Rogero and other City officials will remain in close contact with Commissioner Schroer for the duration of the project. The City will also continue to maintain its South Knox Is Open website, at www.southknoxisopen.com, to encourage support for businesses affected by the bridge closing.
- Guns in parks passes Senate (11 replies)
- FIX THIS NOW (7 replies)
- Jimmy Haslam's house on the market for $4.9 million (12 replies)
- Attn: Ted Cruz (1 reply)
- Next month: Massive support as TN joins three other states in SCOTUS challenge to gay marriage bans (2 replies)
- Insure Tennessee killed. Again. (16 replies)
- Scripps out of the newspaper business as of today (1 reply)
- Electioneering Time! (Or April Fool's prank?) (9 replies)
- Tonight! Iron Jawed Angels (2 replies)
- Stambaugh family displaced by home fire (5 replies)
- It's official: U.T. names Rick Barnes as new basketball coach (6 replies)
- Congrats to new KCDP officeholders (14 replies)