TDOT officials met with Knoxville Mayor Madeline Rogero and Knox Co. Mayor Tim Burchett to update them on the status of the Henley (Street) Bridge project. During the meeting, TDOT Commissioner John Schroer said that the bridge is not scheduled to reopen to traffic until Feb. 28, 2014.
Mayor Rogero's office released the following statement:
"I am extremely disappointed that the Henley Bridge opening will be delayed, and I continue to be very concerned about the impact on Chapman Highway businesses and South Knoxville residents," Mayor Rogero said. "I appreciate Commissioner Schroer's meeting with me and Mayor Burchett to explain why this delay is necessary."
Mayor Rogero and other City officials will remain in close contact with Commissioner Schroer for the duration of the project. The City will also continue to maintain its South Knox Is Open website, at www.southknoxisopen.com, to encourage support for businesses affected by the bridge closing.
- Jimmy Duncan has lost it and is no longer fit to serve (1 reply)
- It's A Tax, Stupid (and on stupid too) (12 replies)
- Self-driving trolley comes to Knoxville (3 replies)
- Arts without the NEA (3 replies)
- AP interview of Trump (4 replies)
- Tonight: Tom Perez/Bernie Sanders - Louisville, KY (36 replies)
- Knoxville SOUP (1 reply)
- Samantha Bee ... (1 reply)
- Trump's Cabinet (115 replies)
- Forget Mar-a-Lago. This is how you roll... (3 replies)
- "Narrow miss" the new low bar for Democrats (5 replies)
- Opening lyrics (9 replies)
- Apr 26 2017 - 12:00pm (5 hours 45 min from now)
- Apr 26 2017 - 6:30pm (12 hours 15 min from now)
- Apr 27 2017 - 6:00pm (1 day 11 hours from now)