CNet has a look inside Domino's Super Bowl "war room," where "network operations, server administrators, network engineers, site reliability engineers, front-end developers, back-end developers, director of infrastructure, director of development, VP of global infrastructure, VP of online ordering development, VP of store operations, VP of POS development" plus the CIO, CFO and CEO monitor game day pizza delivery systems and operations.
According to a press release, Domino's anticipated delivering 11 million pizza slices and 2.5 million chicken wings nationwide on game day, and that delivery drivers would cover the equivalent of more than 300 round trips from San Francisco to Baltimore.
And judging from a quick google search, reporting on the technology behind delivering gobs of dough and fat is becoming an annual tradition.
In related news, Oreo set up their own "war room" to monitor social media trends during the game, and seized the moment to score what was apparently a big social media win by creating and tweeting a power failure related ad message during the game delay. According to an ad executive, "You need a brave brand to approve content that quickly."
The result of that courageous social media effort was getting 12,000 people to re-tweet their message. (As compared to the 100,000,000 people who saw their commercial on TV.)
Other companies had similar social media operations.
The end times are near, my friends. The news of the Apocalypse will be delivered to your smartphone notification bar.
- Latest chapter of the Pilot saga (6 replies)
- Haslam signs bill allowing religious discrimination (13 replies)
- Mayor Rogero announces $302.68 million budget, no tax increases (6 replies)
- Chobani CEO Giving Employees an Ownership Stake in Yogurt Empire (1 reply)
- KCS cancels all TCAP/TN Ready tests not already underway (4 replies)
- Clinton, Trump rack up big wins in New England states (9 replies)
- McIntyre to helm UT education leadership center (8 replies)
- What's up at South-Doyle High School? (11 replies)
- Judge Orders Recount on Amendment 1 Vote (5 replies)
- TDOT shares plan for widening Chapman (12 replies)
- RIP Prince (9 replies)
- What are best places to get soup in Knoxville? (22 replies)