UPDATE: (9AM): Knox Co. and City of Knoxville office closed today. Also Blount Co.
NWS (7AM) has upgraded conditions to Ice Storm Warning, with ice accumulations of .10 to .25 inches forecast across most of the Tennessee Valley and up to .5 inches in areas north.
Sidewalks and driveways (7AM) are coated with a thin layer of ice. Streets and roads that have been treated appear clear at this time. Reports of icing on bridges and overpasses and ice on secondary roads. Several accidents reported around the area.
TDOT Smartway (7AM) not reporting any hazardous conditions on major highways locally, but is reporting ice/snow to the west on I-40 and other roads in the Rockwood/Kingston area. (Not sure this info is reliably detailed and/or up to date.)
Knox Co., Blount Co., Anderson Co., Roane Co., Sevier Co., Maryville City and Alcoa City schools closed.
Government offices opening late at 10PM, but could change if conditions worsen. Update: Blount Co. office closed. Update: Knox Co. office closed. Update: City of Knoxville offices close.
Area law enforcement agencies are on snow plans, may not respond to non-emergency calls or wrecks without injury.
UTK is CLOSED.
on a delayed 10AM 12PM Noon schedule.
KAT (8:35AM) running on SNOW ROUTES, other possible detours and delays. During snow routes, Rt. 10, 34 and 44 do not operate. Other routes operate but some on detour routing. Trolleys ARE currently running. Call 637-3000 for updates before heading out. (Farragut Express did not run this AM.)
KUB is not reporting any power outages at this time.
Current temp (7AM) at TYS is 26. Light freezing rain that began around 5AM still falling.
Delta has canceled TYS morning flights to Atlanta and Detroit. Several other arrivals and departures are delayed.
All roads in Great Smoky Mountains National Park closed.
- Alexander agrees to debate Ball (2 replies)
- New Traffic Radar Gun Will Detect When Drivers Are Texting (2 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (47 replies)
- Gordon Ball earns an 'F' from NRA (3 replies)
- The Artful Dodger: Dr. Briggs "radio silence" on Cheri Siler's invitation to debate (38 replies)
- National POW/MIA Recognition Day (2 replies)
- For theater/re lovers (1 reply)
- Redefining Scrooge (8 replies)
- High profile investor: Charter schools are a business (8 replies)
- ISIS (143 replies)
- Tennessee unemployment, poverty rates increase (1 reply)
- City of Alcoa-Sam's Club first step in New Urbanism? (7 replies)
- Sep 22 2014 - 4:15pm (1 day 20 hours from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 6:15pm (2 days 22 hours from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 7:00pm (2 days 22 hours from now)
- Sep 25 2014 - 6:00pm (4 days 21 hours from now)