Rep. Rep. John J. DeBerry (D-Memphis) has filed HB77 which "permits parents of 51 percent of the students attending a public school in the bottom 20 percent of public schools academically to petition for conversion of the school to a charter school..."
Note: State law already allows conversion with 60% of parents or teachers signing a petition.
- Institute on Taxation & Economic Policy Who pays? Where TN tax policy ranks (2 replies)
- Mayor Rogero announces city budget, proposed tax increase (12 replies)
- Metro Pulse BOE Endorsements (36 replies)
- National Park Week: "For the benefit and enjoyment of the people" (6 replies)
- TDOT commissioner: Tennessee facing new taxing method or deteriorating roads (15 replies)
- Tips for local live musicians (19 replies)
- Everything you wanted to know about Compact Fluorescent Bulbs, including the mercury problem (50 replies)
- Thanks, Jim (3 replies)
- Women’s Representation in Tennessee (1 reply)
- First woman to fly around the world solo forgotten. (3 replies)
- One last questionnaire for school board candidates (which I didn't answer) (5 replies)
- KUB having trouble with broken water mains (7 replies)