Rep. Rep. John J. DeBerry (D-Memphis) has filed HB77 which "permits parents of 51 percent of the students attending a public school in the bottom 20 percent of public schools academically to petition for conversion of the school to a charter school..."
Note: State law already allows conversion with 60% of parents or teachers signing a petition.
- What's next for Obama? (3 replies)
- Quote of the Day (4 replies)
- Conversations (1 reply)
- Haslam signs bill allowing religious discrimination (20 replies)
- Latest chapter of the Pilot saga (6 replies)
- Mayor Rogero announces $302.68 million budget, no tax increases (6 replies)
- Chobani CEO Giving Employees an Ownership Stake in Yogurt Empire (1 reply)
- KCS cancels all TCAP/TN Ready tests not already underway (4 replies)
- Clinton, Trump rack up big wins in New England states (9 replies)
- McIntyre to helm UT education leadership center (8 replies)
- What's up at South-Doyle High School? (11 replies)
- Judge Orders Recount on Amendment 1 Vote (5 replies)