Rep. Rep. John J. DeBerry (D-Memphis) has filed HB77 which "permits parents of 51 percent of the students attending a public school in the bottom 20 percent of public schools academically to petition for conversion of the school to a charter school..."
Note: State law already allows conversion with 60% of parents or teachers signing a petition.
- Led Zeppelin update (2 replies)
- RIP Leonard Nimoy (4 replies)
- Frank Cagle nails the Voucher Issue (28 replies)
- Other reasons KNS might be losing subscribers (27 replies)
- Here we go again (22 replies)
- Nashville schools audit assesses impact of charter schools (4 replies)
- NAAWP? Seriously? (10 replies)
- FCC will enforce net neutrality (1 reply)
- Glenn Reynolds: Libertarian Fascist? (55 replies)
- Is there an exhaustive list of Knoxville breweries? (1 reply)
- Vertical farm can make 44,000 pounds of tomatoes on the side of a parking lot (3 replies)
- Obama vetoes Keystone XL pipeline bill (11 replies)