Rep. Rep. John J. DeBerry (D-Memphis) has filed HB77 which "permits parents of 51 percent of the students attending a public school in the bottom 20 percent of public schools academically to petition for conversion of the school to a charter school..."
Note: State law already allows conversion with 60% of parents or teachers signing a petition.
- ITT Tech stops all student enrollment (2 replies)
- Who will be Tennessee's next governor? (17 replies)
- 170 schools to take part in Tenn.’s first ‘Student Mock Election’ (2 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (58 replies)
- Women's Suffrage Monument Unveiled in Nashville (5 replies)
- 2016 election could be decided by 20 counties (1 reply)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (369 replies)
- "It's a sad day for our city" - Maryville, Alcoa, Blount County (4 replies)
- Obamacare accountable care programs rang up $466 million in Medicare savings last year (2 replies)
- Blue Cross to raise rates by 62% for individual policies (37 replies)
- Rolling Stone: Hillary's New Deal (7 replies)
- Cheat sheet on why to vote for the Democratic candidate (1 reply)